Could a stomach bug last this long?

Posted , 5 users are following.

4 days ago I developed stomach cramps and diarrhea. I havn't vomitted but feel nauseous on and off. The pain is getting to be constant now and anything I eat intensifies the pain and has me on the toilet for a long time. I have never had a bug last this long. What else can cause this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It’s possible - yet it def cld be Ibs -d  for real 

Go to ur doctor ! 

• Posted

Hi sarah 40002

Don't feed the bug try to fast and just take liquids for a while....

• Posted

Stomach bugs can last this long.   Try eating very blandly avoiding fruit and anything else that has a laxative effect such as coffee.  Avoid rich, spicy and fatty foods.  Wait a week and if no better after this, see your doctor.
  • Posted

Hi sarah 40002

Forgot to say avoid sugary foods and drinks bugs thrive on sugar ....

• Posted

I had the stomach flu that lasted 3 and a half weeks and it’s still ongoing, but now it’s just slight morning nausea and hopefully it’ll heal within time. Are you eating correctly? Foods like rice, porridge, banana, and apple sauce are good after coming into contact with the stomach bug. Make sure you eat slowly and sip lots of water in small amounts. If the pain gets to be unbearable you should just go to the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.