Could all of my symptoms be because of my hiatus hernia?

Posted , 5 users are following.

As detailed on here before I have following symptons;

-Gnawing stomach pain that is constant 24/7 for 3 years now

-Cramps that get intensly worse immediately after eating

-Bloating

-Lower abdominal noises, get worse at night, and feels like my bowel/intestines are dead, don't do anything (no movement)

-pain is worse immediately after eating

-pain is worse after bowel movement

-only 2 bowel movements a week, but they are normal 

After every test on the NHS, they came back with no firm diagnosis, however i was diagnosed with a small Hiatus Hernia 

Slight pancreatis a while ago also

Could all of this be because of my Hiatus Hernia and if so would operating on it fix this?

I'm just fed up, no pain relief or antispasmodic works, nothing works and I'm truely at the point of giving up

Don't want to get surgery on repairing it if it is not going to do anything

I don't get GERD or acid refux, my pain is in same spot but could be a rolling hernia which is in a different part

Please any help or advice

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have GERD, inflammation in the small intestine and duodenum and I have a small sliding hiatal hernia. No symptoms just a pain in the left side of abdomen for a yea now and itching all over no rash, I have headache that comes with the itch. My doctor run all sort of test like liver, pancreas, kidneys, cervical and pancreas cancer test all. I normal and I'm just fed up l. Ct scans of abdomen and they saw a cyst on my ovary they weren't concern about. I have pre diabetics. So I am not sure what is going on with me. I

• Posted

Hi Aimee.

Sorry to hijack Johns Thread

What are the tests you had done for Cervical and Pancreas cancer? bloodwork?

I am having problems and want to rule out everything I can.

Docs have doena complete blood test 

• Posted

The tests are called cancer ag 125 and 19-9.

Also they check my emzimes of pancreas Lipase and amylase that is also blood work. Hepatic Funtion Panel I have more I'm just trying to avoid CT scans. I have an itching all over my body w no rash and they check for Gluten an lge and celiac did an screen/w Rflx. And RAST eosopgagitis Panel

• Posted

I'm just like you. Can't believe it!

• Posted

Just try and not eat dairy. So stressed. Dr prescribed Bentyl. Which helps. A little.
    • Posted

Did you have a upper scope? Do you have a hernia? All my labs scans bloodwork all came back clear.
  • Posted

I have all the same problems and symptoms. Exactly the same but drs cannot find the cause. Have you found out whst could be causing your problems??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.