Could anyone tell me all the symptoms of Lyme's disease? I was definitely bitten 40 odd years ago sy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have had Lyme's since I was 12 I think and accounts for a lot in my life! I've bin misdiagnosed as having fibromyalgia but feel docs wouldn't do any Lyme's test at my surgery and cannot afford private tests. I would appreciate anyone who is advanced in the condition for advice on all the symptoms as I seem to have so many now. Thanku!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carpy,

These are my symptoms. Hope this helps.

Pins and needles hands and feet. burning numb skin pretty much all over. body tremors/spasms.

insomnia, Aching stiff joints. vision shakes. light/sound sensitive (background noise is loud) Tinnitus constant.

skin sensitive to heat/cold. 

Neuro stuff. Intrusive memory flashbacks. Feeling of high anxiety. Strange symptom for Lyme but can not sit still for more than half an hour (Adrenaline rushes) Difficulty conversing and concentration. Impatient. Nervousness.

Most debilitating is depersonalisation. Dreamlike state.

These symptoms came on 7 months ago and have never left. No history what so ever mental health issues or pain. 

In regards to testing if you are in the uk: Gp will order a ellisa test (only 50% accurate) if this is positive they will then order another test called a western blot. again only 50% positive. 

Treatment GP will prescribe oral doxy for 30 days. If you still have the symptoms you will then be transferred to  an infectious disease doctor. The only option you have then is IV treatment for 30 days. Then thats pretty much it. UK will not test or treat for co-infections. If you have chronic symptoms which is possible. (Even if you have two negative results) you are pretty much stuffed. You will be neglected and told that you have a syndrome. If you do have Lyme and god forbid you have not. You are most likely to have co-infections. If I could go back 7 months I would have paid for a private test which checks for co-infections .(Armin Germany) At least then you will know what you have to fight.

Hope this helps.  

• Posted

Are you feeling better?? Does treatment help with your dp ?

• Posted

Thanku. I van relate to a lot of that. On top of being wrongly diagnosed as fibromyalgia I get infection type severe symptoms with pain on side by bowel extreme temp and burning adrenaline bowel overload and extreme tiredness. Is this Lyme's? I've had 12 infection types of these INA year! I can't go on like this!

• Posted

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me they also get this? I have to have antibiotics to clear it but it comes back after 2-4 weeks! Please any advice would be much appreciated!
    • Posted

Yeah oral antibiotics for 30 days are not enough to kill it off most the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.