Could citalopram have caused my neuropathy

Posted , 3 users are following.

It didn't start until Italian and increased tenfold since weaning off. If so, would any antidepressant cause it? Considering nortriptyline to help with pain that i feel citalopram caused. Smh

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would googl drugs that cause peripheral neuropathythen obviously avoid them.
  • Posted

Angie Have sent you a PM on neuropathy. Have u heard of the foundation for peripheral neuropathy?

​They have vry compreheensive lists odf drugs that cause peripheral neuropathy.

Diabetes can also cause it and chemo therapy etc.

• Posted

Jane

Hi, can you PM me too please.

Ive had problems since taking Buspar.

xx

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

If you take buspar and it has caused problems then your  dr  may consider discontinuing it.

I have not ben through every drug tbh listed but even if it is not listeed medical advice is to report  the side effects to the MHRA this can be  done online by the patient, the prmacist or prescibing doctor. In practice drs usually tell the patient or ask themif they have reported it online. The drugs Company concerned should write to the dr ,  with your consent of course. In my case a neeeurologist reorted the side effects of Lyrica/pregabelin prescribed for mee forepilepsy because after three weeks it hd caused a movement disorder, Cortical myoclonus.

Have you heard of the Foundation for peripheral neuropathy?

?Take care  Jane xxx

Moderator comment: I have removed the link as users can easily find the information as per the first reply to this discussion. If users want the specific link use the Private Message service to exchange.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331s-private-messages

• Posted

LIzzie Tried to send you a link to drugs that cause peripheral neuropathy but sent to moderator!!

​If you google the afore mentioned then yu will come up with th same link.

Sorry about this.

Jane xx

• Posted

Hello Jane

Thank you so much!

You're a star!

I hope you are well.

x

• Posted

to Moderator

​The link was sent by PM as well.

Was just trying to help by sending a link. I trained as a nurse and was a senior nurse in Occupational Health and found that a lot of people including professionals and ManagingDirectors  sometimes did not feel sufficiently motivated or were too much under the weather even fearful or too busy  to search for information. Hope that clariifies things for you Andy. Thanks

• Posted

Dear Lizzie

Thank you for your kind comment. Anything you want to ask please do so.

Neuropathy is no joke.

Take care

Jane xxx

• Posted

Im sorry Jane, I hope Ive not got you into trouble xx
    • Posted

Its alright Lizzie. You have not got me into any trouble.Dr  Sarah Jarvis understands . Keep looking for answers and look up antibiotic toxicity s

syndrome as well. My endo wrote a medical Report blaming statins, ppis, phenytoin and antibiotics on my myalgia and peripheral neuropathy. All of the afore mentioned have now been discontinued by gastro enterologist, neurologist , GP is scared of prescribing any antibiotic especially fluoroquinolones which I would not dream of taking anyway.

I am scared of getting an infection but keep praying that I don't!!

It is all out in the open now even the Director of Public Health plus  Medical Directorof the CCG are supporting me. PPIs are now discontinued as they are now contraindicated in Long QT syndrome as is furosemide/Lasix.

Macrolides, nitrofurantoin and a wholebatch of other drugsare listed as causing or potentially causing peripheral neuropathy etc.

Did you get the link by PMMon the Foundation of peripheral Neuropathy set up by doctors?

Take care, don't worry.

Jane xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.