Could CS be affecting my hearing?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

I was wondering if hearing could be affected by CS as I have had to ask people to repeat things a little too much recently! :roll: It is the same side that my symptoms are worse, any thoughts anyone? :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

[quote:ca84c1ee4b=\"Little Bear\"]Hi All

I was wondering if hearing could be affected by CS as I have had to ask people to repeat things a little too much recently! :roll: It is the same side that my symptoms are worse, any thoughts anyone? :?[/quote:ca84c1ee4b]

Hiya Lickle Bear :D

Know what you mean, but................

You will probably think I'm stark raving mad with what I am going to say next, but here goes.......... my excuse for not hearing people the first time is this, alot of the time I am concentrating on not letting the pain and symptoms get to me, it seems to take a great deal of time and energy to do this and I am not switched on sometimes to what is going on around me :roll: CS is totally to blame :x I was quite normal before all this. So it may not be directly due to CS but rather a by-product.

Any thought anyone??

Take Care

Emxx smile

• Posted

Thanks Aunty Em,

See where your coming from with the concentration theory, but I am concerned about not hearing when I am doing my best to when there is a lot of background noise, for example today (I am a teaching assistant) in a noisy classroom, the Head was relaying some information to me about a child and I could only hear about one third of what she was saying :oops: and having given it some thought I am beginning to wonder whether it is because of everything that is going on down the left side of my head and neck. :shock:

Changing the subject slightly, had the results of my MRI scan recently and I quote:

C3/4 Some degenerative changes, disc narrowing, broad osteophytic disc bar complex which is just encroaching on the right exit foramen.

C5/6 Some degenerative changes, osteophytic disc bar complex which extends slightly to the right, but is not causing significant compression.

C6/7 Degenerative changes. Osteophytosis. No foraminal compromise.

Conclusion: Small, but potentially significant C2/3 disc bar complex which may well be compromising the right C4 root. Normal volume of CSF, normal spinal.

:roll:

Anyone out there speak fluent gobaldygook that is able to

offer an interpretation? I would be ever so grateful. smile

Thanks, Ickle Bear.

• Posted

Hiya Lickle Bear smile

If you put the medical terms into google, it will come up with the answers for you. Although it all sounds pretty well what can happen with CS. This is why I always stress to sufferers to have an MRI scan as an ordinary x-ray will not show up osteophytes, stenosis, or compression. What are your next step now LB??

Re the hearing problem, I remember reading somewhere about sensory changes that can take place due to pain, I'm hopeing Gerry is going to come up with something in his quest on pain.

Take Care

Emxx :wink:

• Posted

Hello Aunty Em

I have an appointment with my consultant and hopefully some physio but haven't heard anything about that yet, thats it as far as I know. Will google medical terms and see what I come up with. :wink: Thanks again.

Take care,

Little Bear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.