Could I be anemic?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. I've been wondering lately if I could be anemic. I often feel dizzy and sometimes experience vertigo, and I get cold super super easy. I'm tired often, and I guess you could say I'm pale skinned, too. I noticed these symptoms are worse when I'm on my period. Iron deficiency anemia also runs in my family. Could it be genetic? Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

its sounds like it, have talked to your about your symptoms? Also for sure way to have a blood draw done to check your hemoglobin. a normal range for hemoglobin is 12 to 15. now me I've been as low as yo a 4.0 which is very bad and dangerous. like death door but my body has somehow adjusted and I cant tell if my blood is low anymore unless I get it checked. also do you have periods or any bleeding anywhere? I dont have either they cant figure out mine. goodluck def consult with your doctor.

• Posted

I don't know whether it's genetic but the easiest way for you to find out if you're anaemic is to see your doctor who can arrange a blood test. My diagnosis came through a routine blood test and I now take iron in liquid form every day.

• Posted

Hello,

My advise to you will be to go and seek medical attention and get checked out. The symptoms of anemia can be similar to other conditions. there is also a good book which may shed some light on the symptoms of anemia. i read it when i was anemic and gained a lot of knowledge and awareness, you may find it helpful.

Overcoming Anaemia: My experience. on Amazon, i found it very helpful, you may too.

Good luck and pray it all goes well for you. i wish you good health.

Lady C

• Posted

It is possible. Set up a blood test w your doctor - ferritin level needs to be checked and I start to feel symptomatic when mine hits 50 or lower. They say ideal is 12-200 but i felt awful at 12. Hemoglobin should be at 12 or more. If it is low, try iron supplements and an iron rich diet. If that does not help, you have an absorption problem or are bleeding somewhere. If it is super low push for an iron infusion as this will get it up much quicker. God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.