Could I be pregnant?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had unprotected sex last night (no condom), he didn't cum inside me but on me which dripped down and I know it could have got inside that way. I'm on the Depo-Provera contraception injection and have never missed or been late on having any of the injections. I'm really worried I could get pregnant still so went to see a nurse at my local GP Surgery and explained there was no condom used, she said I do not need the morning after pill because I am on the Depo injection and am morealess covered anyway. But I'd rather have taken the morning after pill to settle my mind as im really worried I could get pregnant now. Can anyone give me some advice where to go or what to do because I'm just really worried and panicking. Thanks x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jodie

If you used Depo-Provera then the chances of you getting pregnenat *assumining the sperm manage to make it inside (which it didnt) are 0.3%. That is so slim it is almost impossible!

You have nothing to worry about even if he ejaculated inside you. You will be fine, the chances that you are pregnant is 0%. So don't stress out becuase it will have a negative effect on your body. Anymore time you spend reading about the chances of you being pregnant or worrying is time wasted,

With that being said, reduce your usage of Depo-Provera contraception injection, it is overall unatural and not healthy for the body if used in a long term

Regards

• Posted

I've not long spoke to a pharmacist who has said the same thing. It's a shame I wasn't properly informed of how it protects you from pregnancy in the beginning as I would've had no reason to worry. ️Thankyou for the detailed response, it's very appreciated.
    • Posted

Yes, and that 0.3% chance is based on millions of healthy, strong, and fast sperms that were released deep inside the uturus and can now swim to the egg. So I'd say with your circumstances the chances are 0.0000000001% you get pregnant, and if you do get pregnant with those odds consider buying a lottery ticket immediatly.

Regards

Dr Heinricht

• Posted

You aren't pregnant. You use the shot like it's supposed to be used for a reason, and that's to avoid pregnancy. The only thing you need to worry about is STD's if you didn't use a condom not pregnancy.  
  • Posted

I think you are worrying over nothing and you need to relax. Your chances of getting pregnant on the shot of he came inside of you is like 1% .. Very unlikely.. So you definitely aren't going to get pregnant like that
    • Posted

Thanks for the response and yes now my mind has been fully settled I realise and agree that I was worrying over nothing
  • Posted

Oh dear - I really feel that you should speak to a family planning clinic nurse to sort all this out. You really need to understand how contraception works

As all the other people say the point of the injection is that - put simply - you do not need to use condoms, nor for your partner to ejaculate outside you.  The whole point is that you and your partner can have loving sex whenever you like with him ejaculating fully inside you [which is basically how making love is designed!] and you will not get pregant.

• Posted

my spelling is atrocious!

pregant = pregnant [of course]

• Posted

️Thankyou, when I first started getting the injection it was never properly explained which I think caused this worry. I spoke to a pharmacist too and now after reading all the comments I realise I'm just over worrying. ️️Thankyou for your reply
  • Posted

I really don't thjink that you have anything to worry about Jodie.

I would however mention that there are additional risks when your partner does not wear a condom, not the least of which is being infected by an STI, so maybe you should consider this for the future.

• Posted

Yes I agree with you there. It won't be happening again like that certainly but I know both of us are clear as we keep up to date with checks and everything. But as for the future I will keep it safer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.