Could i be suffering from Fibromyalgia?? Really unsure!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

For months now maybe even years ive been suffering with pain intermittently in my knees, hips, around the breast bones, neck and shoulders...i also have restless legs at times, sensitivty to chalk, have to have my bath luke warm and top up with warm so my body adjusts to the temp grsdually, foogy head with weird hesdaches, always feel tired and acgey and some weekends feel totally exhausted. I do suffer with flat feet so not sure if that is causing me the aches and pains!? Help

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

There are a number of things that could be causing your symptoms, but it sounds quite like fibromyalgia. you really need to speak to your doctor (although, a diagnosis won't really do you much good as there is no specific cure - sorry!)

• Posted

I have been to my gp and gone thru all symptoms...been referred to MSK so awaiting apt.

What are your syptoms like if u don't mind me asking x

• Posted

I actually think now that I've had fibro or some form of chronic fatigue for a long time. Starting in my childhood I was 'hypermobile' which made me a good gymnast but led to lots of injuries. Then following a serious viral infection was left with 'post viral fatigue' for about 5 years. I then got a bit better and was mostly ok during my late 20 up to mid thirties. Then I got a lot of stress and started going downhill. I would get excessively tired after doing not that much. Then my back got really bad and gave me agonising pain (this was diagnosed as spondylolithesis, probably a congenital weakness couple with the weak ligaments from hypermobility). The constant pain of my back led to everything else starting to hurt. Ankles, knees, hips (especially bad!), whole of my back, wrists, thumb joints and an overwhelming fatigue that doesn't go away no matter how much sleep/rest I get. All my ligaments are tender, like I've been kicked and bruised all over. Now, if I do too much, like walk to the shop, I have to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees. I sometimes get shooting pains like and electric shock in random places and I also get restless legs but thankfully not all the time. But, saying all that, I do get some good days when I feel almost 'normal'. I don't get headaches and feel that so far I have avoided the dreaded brain fog, so I consider myself lucky.

• Posted

Google EpicGenetics test for FM
    • Posted

I googled it oh my god is Lots of $$ 

$900  I will ask my gp  and see if I can get that blood test done here who has that sort of money lying around if you have all the symptoms your said yes your Rheumatologist says yes then you really don’t need that you know your own body 😔

• Posted

Sounds like to me I take Siflol for my RLS ask your gp you can thank me later lol 😂 honestly works you need to see your GP ASAP then he may refer you to a Rheumatologist they then can help you to see if you do and honestly if you get sent to one that doesn’t help you see another one until you get answers to me your symptoms do sound like fibromyalgia ??

• Posted

Aww thanks for all your advice Donna 👍🏻👌.

Its so hard knowing as i just keep thinking maybe its just me and there's norhing wrong or maybe its musculoskeletal and not fm. Xx

• Posted

Sounds like it.. I have it in my legs, feet, shoulders and arms and neck.. I also have flat feet.  Warm water makes this all feel better! Sometimes I feel foggy but I contribute that to everything im on. I currently take Lyrica, Percocet, Cymbalta , Tumeric and Vit D(vitamins) The last two help a lot!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.