Could I have a cyst or fibroids?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 36 and have been experiencing irregular bleeding with only short spells inbetween. Currently I have been bleeding for nearly 2 weeks with no sign of it stopping. I am not on any contraceptives. I am experiencing grumbling pains in my tummy that are worse if my tummy is touched.

Other symptoms include painful intercourse in certain positions, weight loss, tender breasts and loose bowe movements.

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I am up to date with my smear tests. 6 yrs ago my midwife told me to get checked out as she felt something during a membrane sweep but nothing was found.

My gran had a very large cyst removed when she was 70 yrs old.

Do any of my symptoms sound familiar?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Claire

I had hysterectomy years ago had fibroid which at time my symptoms were only

Back pain and heavy bleeding. Actually wasn't

Fibroid causing it but a type of endometriosis . Recently had cyst and pain was back

Pain, dizziness and

Pain in ribs. But If you look on here at different ladies stories you will see loads of

Different systems including yours.

Think until they scan you hard

To tell and even then they not 100 per cent till they

Get in and have a look. Have

You had Transvaginal scan yet?

• Posted

Ps, I am now lighter than I was before I had kids with breasts bigger than ever before! Hubby thinks its wonderful! Lol

• Posted

Hi. I would asked to be referred to a gynecologist by your GP, they have to see you within 2 weeks ... the one I saw scanned me that day and confirmed dermoid cyst and fibroid. If you can't get a GP appointment, phone and ask them to refer you. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.