Could I have acid reflux?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

So for the past month I have been having nausea. I would eat a few bites of something, get nauseous then stop so I’ve also lost quite a bit of weight. Went to the Dr and long story short I had an ultrasound done and at first she thought I had gallbladder issues but further tests proved that that wasn’t it. So now I’m back to square one. I have burning in my stomach and chest and today it felt like I was regurgitating liquid. Nothing I’ve taken have really helped. Currently taking Pepcid and rolaids.. any suggestions on what else I can take or if my symptoms sound similar to someone who might have acid reflux? Help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You might need a PPI maybe they could send you to a GI doc and possibly do a scope. I had burning in both my chest and stomach. I found out I have acid reflux, a hiatal hernia, and Barrett's esophagus.

• Posted

Thanks for responding!

I have an endoscopy scheduled for this Friday and I am super nervous about it. I’ve read horror stories about the procedure.

• Posted

Make sure they put you to sleep and then it’s nothing

I made sure before I booked the test 

Some give a tranquilizer but it’s not enough

Let us know and wishing good results 

• Posted

I didn't have any trouble with my endoscopy. I had conscious sedation and I remember everything during the procedure I was fuzzy with everything afterwards. I'm worried about the colonoscopy I have scheduled next month. I've heard horror stories about that too.

• Posted

I had a scope as well . 

Very easy when put to sleep .

I have Gerd and Barrett’s ... my only symptoms R being nasous. 

Eat only healthy for the rest of your life . Which is actually fun to do . On occasion have a greasy fried chicken or something bad ...  eat 6-8 small meals a day .... try standing up exercises, and elevate your bed for sure . 

The goal is to keep acid from creeping into throat . Oh and I’ve been on Omerprazole 20mg once a day (ppi) and it has helped big time .....lots of bad reviews on long term use . But I actually called my doctor friend at nih ( national. Institute of health the US and he said eat right to get the vitamins and it’s better than acid  burning your throat which is no good .... 

diet alone may help you with out ppi. 

Try over the. Counter ppi for 14days only as most are directed and see if it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.