Could I have acute pancreatitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Pain started 9 days ago. Epigastric region. Back pain (although I've always had back pain and this is no different). No other symptoms. Heavy drinker.

Went to A&E, performed blood tests. Tests on pancreas 100% normal. Doctor felt abdomen. Sent me home. 

He say its likely my gastritis has worsened and I've developed a stomach ulcer, as I was a heavy drinker. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

EDIT: Went to A&E last night (8 days after symptoms). Chest X-Ray also performed. Normal. 
  • Posted

Even when I went to A&E all my blood tests were normal, I was given a ct the next day and it showed inflamed pancreas, that was 2011 and it has never felt 100% ever since, and I have no idea why I have it....
  • Posted

you will know when it is. cause you feel off like you can't describe and then the pain kicks in and it is officially worse than labour pains.  only people who have had an attack understand the pain and the long term after effects.

I had blood test two months before. had a slight liver anomaly which g.p. prescribed vitamins and two months 3 days later. I was taken into hospital with my first attack. so keep at them to check prevention is better than a cure

• Posted

Anyone who is a heavy drinker and you are worried about pancreatitis then I would say stop drinking.......
  • Posted

I have stopped, the A&E Dr gave me tablets for the withdrawal symptoms... Incredible help the tablets have been
  • Posted

If it was acute pancreatitis, you wouldn't be able to type a post online, believe me! You'd be either lying down or have fallen down. Pancreatitis pain is one of the most painful conditions out there. 

Pete 

• Posted

agree with you there Pete, the worst pain after child-birth...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.