Could I have an infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, 7 weeks post op today and feeling that things are going relatively good. Had the yellowy /green discharge then that eased and small amount of blood, that's stopped and the discharge is backnown, less than before but feels slightly itchy around opening to vagina, is this normal or could it be infection

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello carolyn. You could have the start of thrush if it's itchy. You usually get a whiteish discharge though. If it gets worse speak to your GP or Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner.
    • Posted

Just had a quick look and there is what looks like a whiteish discharge towards the back opening
    • Posted

Sounds like thrush carolyn. You can buy cream and pessaries over the counter at the pharmacy but the combined medication is quite expensive. It's obviously up to you but waiting until Monday won't cause any harm when you could then get a prescription.
  • Posted

I would love to know what the green/yellow discharge is? I had it too. I had anterior repair only. Still get touch of green briefly every now & then. No other symptoms. I'm 8mths along now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.