Could I have ces?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am 49 and been having these problems for around 5 years now. I have lost faith in the nhs and Warrington general hospital.

I first had problems when I fell down the stairs rupturing two discs in my lower spine. Having had all the scans and failed injections I opted for an operation to trim the disc rupture to ease the pain being caused on my left leg nerve.

Ever since the operation the pain has worsened, I have constant pins and needles in my leg but since the op in my left foot. I have almost lost all sensation in my penis and cannot feel anything when I urinate but i can control it. I have to sit with my left leg raised to ease the pain and walking has become very limited due to the pain in my lower back and left leg.

On several occasions now I have lost the ability to walk. By this what I mean is I get very bad back pain followed by the feeling that my legs cannot suport my weight. On two occasions I have been hospitalised and after more scans and physio released but by being told they cannot find what is wrong with me.

I am now bed bound again in severe pain and discomfort unable to move using my legs. Having discovered information on Ces could this be my problem and is there anything that case done about it?

Up on till my accident I used to work, run 6 miles daily and be very fit, now I am fat, unable to be very mobile and generally have a big downer on life.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You should get MRI done, it will show if it's CES, it doesn't show in CT scan. Your symptoms are like CES but it's better to check. Eat healthy, stay positive as there is always a light at the end of the tunnle. Good luck!!!
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, please read next.
  • Posted

Hi there yeah it's sounds as if you do gave ces ... I have it and daily life is not easy .. Pain numbness unable to control feel bladder and bowels constant pain .., can walk far either .. Makes you very depressed ., don't think much can be done but meds and go and pyshio support can ease things I'm feeling life will never be same again .. As you will also no doubt be to x
  • Posted

Hi there yeah it's sounds as if you do have ces ... I have it and daily life is not easy .. Pain numbness unable to control feel bladder and bowels constant pain .., can not walk far either .. Makes you very depressed ., don't think much can be done but meds and go and pyshio support can ease things I'm feeling life will never be same again .. As you will also no doubt be to . Also have you had a MRI scan as this will show if you have ces .. X
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply.   Having read that many article now on CES I fear it is way to late for anything to be done for me.   Again I put this down to the quality and service (lack there of) from the NHS/Warrington hospital.

As time goes by I fear more and more that my back and legs will go completely and i will become incontinent, which would make Victor Meldrew look tame in comparison to me.

• Posted

Awww I'm the female version of victor mel drew then .. I know mine was treated far too late a damage was done ... No one would listen to be .fir months I was left in the must brain exploding pain . Six months later it was we are very sorry and rushed for emergency op.. I know I won't improve much further now and it is very hard to accept as like yourself I worked I was on go a time etc now at best i venture to living room from my bedroom .. Going out is just hard takes it out you leaves you so sore with symptoms all worsened ..-and fear of toilet accidents I would be mortified if anything happened out side my home bad enough in your own home ... All you can do is keep seeing your go explains how your feeling etc .. Ask to speak to your surgeon but to be honest they don't seem to know much or be able to give answers try and keep strong xx I just had my atos pip medical assessment was horrendous interrogation I doubt they passed me even though I can walk more than a few feet .. Trip over my silly left for as I can't feel it ..am constantly In a daze with meds etc ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.