Could I have coeliac disease?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm 44 years old, suffer occasionally from migraines and have recently been diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel syndrome.  I frequently suffer from diarrhoea and flatulence and have been most my life.  When eating a lot of bread I often feel fatigued and have noticed the morning after eating spaghetti bolognese my symptons can be at their worst.

I've had ultrasound scan done (liver/kidney area) after getting aches top right area of stomach and had blood tests done which all show nothing.  After researching gluten intolerance I'm starting to think I may be suffering this condition.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms to mine?

Best wishes, Steve

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Coeliac disease is certainly a possibility but there are also others.  The only way to be certain is via a gastroscopy but in the meantime it might be worth going gluten-free for a few weeks to see if things improve. 
  • Posted

Hi Steve what other symptoms do you get? Diarrhoea and wind can be 2 of the symptoms of a gluten Intolerance. I think I have a wheat Intolerance because everytime I have eaten something with wheat in it i get bloated belly makes werid noises I past wind at some point feel sick.few hours later I have a loose poo.I had a pasta bake and the next day I felt like crap dizziness feeling sick having Diarrhoea felt like I was gonna faint had palpations felt sweaty i get pains in my stomach and other parts of my abdomen.The pasta bake made me worst.you need to see an gastro doctor.A blood test then a biopsy taken of your small intestines to see if you have celiac disease.do a food dairy some days cut out gluten some days eat some write down what you eat and what symptoms you get.
    • Posted

Also the wheat Intolerance I think I have triggered a mirgaine aswell.let me know your thoughts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.