Could i have contracted herpes?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi recently i shared a lollipop with someone and i pop his lollipop into my mouth twice which means the lollipop has his saliva on it. After 6 days post exposure(today), i have a fever of about 37.8c to 38.4c but no visible blisters or sores are found. Only symptoms were flashes of mild headaches, chills and fever, mild post nasal drip. At the 7th day, i developed sore throat with some white ulcers only at the back of the throat. That person mouth as observed externally has no visible sores or blister externally on his mouth. For the previous few days my temperature is about 36.8c to 37.0c. Can i know if i have caught herpes in this incident? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

There is a very big difference between capability and probability.

I suggest you see your gp who is the best person to make this determination

kind regards

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

i will be seeing a gp tomorrow and probably have a swab test. but the results will take some time to come back and i am kinda anxious now and wanted to know if and whether i have contracted it. Thanks once again!

• Posted

Hi Robbens

You are very welcome...only the test results can tell you the true story.

hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.