Could I have Crohn’s?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all. I’m currently working toward a diagnosis / treatment for the tons of weird symptoms I’ve beenbhabing for about 6 weeks. 

All started around the time I was seeking a dermatologist to examine some suspect skin lesions. In the time between noticing these moles/lesions, everything I read online pointed me to melanoma, then more alarmingly, nodular melanoma. I was absolutely convinced I had melanoma and it consumed me for the two weeks from my visit until I got the biopsy results. Started having pain and fullness in my right armpit, followed by an empty/hollow feeling in my stomach. Developed mild constipation followed by diarrhea, then a low grade fever of around 99.3+/-  that came and went for about two weeks.  My BMs have been all over the map WRT frequency and consistency. Notice a lot of belching and throat clearing around this time, more than normal for me. I also noticed an increase in urgency of BMs, that I’ve had for years but never thought much about it. Occasionally get a sharp pain in my right side/mid-back. The pain under my arm turned into swollen feeling in right lower abdomen/groin and some mild pain under my jaw, basically where lymph nodes are. I got the biopsy results and was told no melanoma but a mildly dysplastic mole and some form of eczema. I should have felt instantly relieved and normal, but I did not and the symptoms continued. I had random itching all over my body with random single red bumps and the mild fevers continued, raising to highest in afternoon to evening. 

I found a new doctor that took a genuine interest in getting to the bottom of my issues. He ordered CBC blood test, urine test and stool test. All have come back in normal range. I have an abdominal CT w/ contrast tomorrow morning. I’m very worried about lymphoma based on my symptoms, but recently discovered IBD/IBS can have eerily similar presentation. I’ve had gastro issues for years, that we’re greatly reduced when I was diagnosed with MTHFR and told to cut out gluten, dairy and soy from my diet.

The past few days, the feverish episodes have subsided and my BMs have been more normal. I’m just hoping for IBD instead of lymphoma! I don’t think lymphoma would progress in the manner my symptoms have. Anyone else experience anything similar??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.