Could I have endometriosis??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. When I first started having a period at 11 years old, it was very irregular. I could never predict when my period would come and they were always ridiculously heavy. So, my pediatrician immediately put me on birth control. I’m nearly 20 now so I’ve been on bc close to 9 years. Back in February, I started having weird cramping in the middle of my pill packs and occasionally when I would pee there would be big clumps or white/grey tissue. When I told my doctor, she suggested I go to a urologist. I met with a urologist and explained my symptoms and he thought maybe I had kidney stones or an issue with my bladder, so he did a cystoscopy on me and discovered nothing. It may be important to add my pediatrician put me on a Tri-cycle birth control meaning each series of pills is a lesser dose. Last month when I reached the weakest series of pills in a pack, I started bleeding. It was a bit different than my period, it had a different viscosity and it was lighter in color. That lasted nearly a week, but it wasn’t constant. I would just bleed a lot at once and then go nearly a day without having anymore bleeding. My gyno recommended I jump straight back into a pill pack and not have a period last month, which is something I’ve done many times. Now in my current pill pack, I’ve reached the weakest pills again and what I’m experiencing right now is so painful. Today is the third day I’ve had these symptoms. Three days ago when I woke up, I noticed that my stomach felt really tight like I was on the verge of a cramp or about to have to use the bathroom (sorry if it sounds gross). It got a little worse throughout the day and that night I could barely sleep because I couldn’t get comfortable. Yesterday was a little different. It hurt the same amount, if not a little worse, but I noticed I was extremely bloated. Like, I could pass for 5 months pregnant, not even kidding. If I could attach a picture I would; it’s truly noticeable and super uncomfortable. Today I am still in the same amount of pain and still bloated, and Tylenol and ibuprofen aren’t helping at all. Also, most of my pain is in my right side so I initially feared it may be my appendix, but I consulted my mom who’s a nurse and appendicitis would be very obvious due to the amount of pain I would be in if I had it. I also have had a lack of appetite the past few days and I’ve felr pretty nauseous. I have a follow up appointment to an ultrasound next week, but my gynecologist doesn’t seem to want to discuss the possibly of endo. Does my symptoms and my experiences sound like I may have endo and what should my next steps be?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Audree. I've just been diagnosed a few weeks ago so all new to me. Your symptoms that match mine are the bloating and the feeling like you need to go to the toilet. I haven't had the grey issue. The main thing with mine is that it took me 3 years to get diagnosed!! My doctor said my symptoms weren't typical endometriosis. I went to a new doctor who referred me to a gynecologist. She told me she didn't think it was endometriosis but can do a laparoscopy to be sure. Even on the morning of my surgery she again said to me "we're more than likely not going to find anything you know " and low and behold I have endometriosis. I would discuss a laparoscopy with your gynecologist. It's a key hole surgery and quick recovery time. I had dozen of scans and blood tests that all came back ok . I got lucky with my new doctor who didn't dismiss my symptoms. Definitely discuss a laparoscopy. It checks for several things including endometriosis. Best of lucksmile

• Posted

Hi!! Thanks for responding to me. The past few days have been an absolute nightmare. The day I posted in this forum, I ended up going to the ER that night. I found out I’d been walking around with appendicitis for three days and they scheduled a laparoscopic appendectomy for me for Tuesday. Luckily for me, while the surgeons were removing my appendix they checked around my uterus and ended up finding the beginning of endometriosis. It’s been the worst almost week of my life, I literally can’t get comfortable. I have an appointment with my gyno next week so hopefully I can receive treatment to stop the progression of endo. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.