Could i have fibromyalgia?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, just looking for advice i have not been diagnosed with fibro as yet but have had a feeling for a while that i may have this. Can your symptoms come and go with fibro?

Its like i have serve attacks that can last for weeks at a time with pain from the head to my toes and fatigue but then i can go weeks not feeling too bad.

The symptoms i currently have started a week and a half ago just before my period. I had a really bad lower back which progressed into pain in my pelvic area which at first i just thought was to do with my period but even after it had stopped the pain continued and has now turned into all over body pain. Tender points are my groin area, thighs, sides of abdoman,shoulders, neck, feet its horrible. I'm tired all the time and not sleeping properly, extremely down, ibs got bad, poor concentration.

I've had all these symptoms on and off for years. Does this sound like fibro can anybody relate to this?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms could definitely be a part of fibromyalgia. It's a syndrome that encompasses many symptoms and yes, they can come and go and vary in intensity. My initial onset of fibromyalgia and my early 20s was centered in my upper body and legs. My neck and shoulders eight and my legs felt heavy and weak. I was extremely sensitive to light, noises and very fatigued. This lasted for weeks. It's only then that I started seeing a doctor for the wide array of symptoms I was experiencing. It took countless doctor visits in three years before I got a diagnosis from a primary doctor. I have now seen a rheumatologist to confirm and rule out auto immune disease. Fibromyalgia can be very frustrating. You have good days and bad days. When I'm feeling well I convince myself that it's gone forever, but it always shows up again. There are many ways to manage the pain, I have been on a medication called Cymbalta for some time and it had helped stabilize me.

• Posted

I'm new to this forum and joined because my new partner has HM and I wanted to learn more about it. Certainly her symptoms match what you and the OP has described. She is 59 and has suffered for many years with it. At times she can hardly function due to tiredness, aches and pains all over her body, and headaches.

It comes and goes but not completely and soon returns.

Best wishes Richard

• Posted

Sez,not sure how old you are but besides fibromyalgia your symptoms

could be polymyalgia rheumatica which affects the hips groin shoulders

neck and causes extreme fatigue.I do have fibro and yep can relate to

these symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.