Could I have GCA as a 26 year old male?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Since 9 days, I have been developing bulging temporal arteries on both temples (they're suddenly very visible with also a very visible pulse). This started off with only the right temple, but has now progressed to both temples along with a headache on both sides and a rash on both temples. When visiting the doctor, he is more thinking a headache because of stress or bad ergonomics while working, however, he told me to come back in 2 weeks (especially because of elevated blood pressure).

Although it seems like I'm not at all the profile of GCA (male, 26-year old, otherwise healthy), if looking for what else it may be I'm only finding GCA as possible explanation for the symptoms I'm having.

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking of going back to the doctor next week at least.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

There is a disease very similar to GCA which is diagnosed in younger people. Google Takayasu's arteritis and see if any of it matches up with what you're experiencing.

I regret to say that with the technical changes they made to this forum a couple of years ago fewer and fewer people use it. We have almost all migrated over to HealthUnlocked. If you want to pose your question there you should get a lot more responses. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.