Could I have had a Prostate problem since the age of 12?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Around the age of 12 or so, i started to experience problems with urination. Before the problems i was able to walk to the toilet and empty my bladder with no effort, i had a complete stream with no breakage and once i was done urinating i had no dribbiling and it felt like i had completely emptied my bladder.

(I used to be able to create bubbles that would fill the surface of the water from the stream of my urine but since this time i have never been able to do that.) 

Then around 12 this all changed and i had to force myself to get urine out, it would start with a dribble and then would be more fluid but the stream was now broken up like holding part of your finger over the water hose, i had to push (pump) multiple times to empty the last bits of urine and then i would have dribbling that i would have to squeeze out. I am 23 now and nothing has changed, i have found that when i urinate if i place a finger behind my scrotem but infront of my anus and apply pressure upwards (i believe to be my prostate) i could somehow open the track enough to get more urine out but all the problems remain. Im wondering what could have happened at such a young age that this could start affecting me. Please help!

-Gavin

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My problem was similar to yours and started at 25.  It literally happend overnight.  In the space of 8 hours I lost half my ability to pee.  I suggest you have some diagnostic testing to try to find out where the blockage is  There are several spots the stream can be slowed down.  The bladder pressure is the start, then the bladder neck is a spincter muscle.  This is from wikipedia: (The internal sphincter muscle of urethra: located at the bladder's inferior end and the urethra's proximal end at the junction of the urethra with the urinary bladder. The internal sphincter is a continuation of the detrusor muscle and is made of smooth muscle, therefore it is under involuntary or autonomic control. This is the primary muscle for prohibiting the release of urine.)  Then it runs through the prostate until it hits the second sphincter muscle which is under conscious control and finally out the urethra.  One of these structures is hold up the urine.  The causes can vary, but it would help to know where the flow is being restricted so you can explore that area for a cause.  As you get older, there can be multiuple causes so being young is a good thing.  You're no gonna like the tests, but they are worth it to find out where the restriction is.  Hope that helps.
  • Posted

Hello Gavino.  I just look it up and it saids that anytime after puberty a male can have prostate problem.  Did you ever go to urologist to have it checked.  It can be many things.  Do you ride a bike alot or did you full around the time.  It could be a stricture in the urethra.  Your young please get this checked you have your whole life to live.  Also whatever you do please check it up on the internet.  Some meds could straighten out the problem but cause others.  Send me a private chat and we can talk about them.  I'm alot older then you but was good till last year.  I have a stricture and a enlarged prostate.  Just had a Uro-lift done 2 weeks ago and I'm doing great.  Take care and al ways ask questions  Ken      
  • Posted

There was an "interesting" repeat on TV [UK] last evening where a guy who had fallen onto his bike crossbar in the past had a reconstruction of part of his urethra [using a piece of tissue from his mouth] enabling him to again pee like a horse!

You really need this checked out by a doctor/urologist.  It's a fairly simply proceedure and not particularly uncomfortable

• Posted

Hello saw your comment to Gavino. He need to have that check.  I don't think it his prostate.  I think he does have a stricture and it needs to have it done know while his young.  I'm older then he is and I did'nt know I had one till last year.  I thought I had trouble peeing because I was getting older.  I got very sick and ended up in the hospital and they tryed to catheter me.  That was a horror story.  Very traumatic for me.  Never gave permission they just came and did it.  They try 3 times never got it into the bladder.  I went to a urologist that I saw in the hospital to see what the problem was.  After a scope he found a stricture right before the bladder.  Forget about me.  The Surgery that your talking about is a urethroplasty with a graft.  It's not that simply  I looked into all of them.  If I have to have one that is the one I would do.  I would never do a end to end urethroplasty.  I don't think any man would like anything cut off.  I was reading a forum for a man 40 years old.  His doctor told him that he had a small stricture about 5CC.  The doctor told him that he would just cut it out and put the ends together.  Well when he woke up the doctor said it was worst then he thought.  He remove 3 1/2 in of his urethra.  He could not make love to his wife anymore.  Every time he tryed it would fall out.  The man is very depress and so is is wife.  Any time you have that type of surgery it is not simple there is alot of cutting in the groin area.  They cut you for the scrotum to the anus in like a upside down Y and go through all the muscles to get to the urethra they after it done they sew you up you have to stay in the hospital for up to 5 days and a you have a catheter in for 4 weeks or more.  It major surgery.  Watch a video on it.  Have wactched a few.  Glad I don't have to have it done know.  Take care  Ken          

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.