Could I have lupus

Posted , 4 users are following.

On and off since having my first child I started getting a rash it lasts about 2-10 weeks then stains my skin either purple or red the first time it was on my stomach I got told shingles 2nd time on my arm then my elbows now it goes on my legs like side of legs or knee it's itchy it has like dry patches init and a putter ring u got told by one doxtor she does not have a clue another it's allergies it seems to happen more in warmer weather then cold aswell .

I'm now sensitive to the sun I get migrains and breathing problems Palps .

I do have more symtoms but I won't look into lupus just yet just wondering for you suffered does this sound the same kinda rash my aunty has lupus too she said her rash covers nearly all of her and as mines in one spot each time that she is not too sure though she said it stains her skin also

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm convinced I have Lupus but I'm waiting for the results of some blood tests to confirm it. I get a rash (that is a typical Lupus rash) on my hands only. I now have corticosteroid cream from my GP which helps and I have an appointment with a dermatologist in June. 
    • Posted

I have never been tested although will mention it to my doc tor when I next go .

do you get any other symtoms what's your rash like I would take it as allergy but 3 doctors have said diffrent things with one going ew lol

• Posted

My rash is red and like small blisters clumped together. It is sore and itchy. My other symptoms are aching, painful joints, raynauds, hair loss memory problems, sensitivity to light, tiredness. One antibody that the majority of people with Lupus have is positive so I'm now waiting for the results of other antibody blood tests. 
    • Posted

It's a shame I can't put a picture up of mine mine starts as a tiny red spot it itches then spreads out either in clumps of red blister thing or a big red raised patch woth like white bits inside sometimes like red outta circle and white in middle it's horrible mines sore now near the same symtoms as me I have reynolds hair loss my eyebrows won't grow back in certain places now and my hair always comes out I have aches and pains everywhere sensitive to light also now I'm becoming sensitive to the sun I feel really ill in it and I don't know why memory problems and also words muddled up I also have near blacking out spells too though oh that's great I did read somewhere that sometimes can only be detected when you have a flare up so as I do now I think I will ask doctors tommorow to do bloods xx
  • Posted

Hi,

I've been diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease with features of Lupus and some features of Scleroderma, no specific antibodies but positive ANA (twice now) and with raised ESR and CRP, low lymphocytes too. Many symptoms, primarily pain in small joints and over my neck and shoulders. 

I get rashes in three places: my wrists - which is usually itchy and blisters; over the top of my feet - which again is itchy and blisters; and finally on my inner thigh - this one is red, raised and doesn't itch or scab or blister - My Rheumatologist is unconvinced that this is a Lupus rash, but I am! The thigh rash comes and goes more often than the other two and is always associated with more pain it also leaves a purple stain for some weeks after it has gone! I have read some medical journal articles which describe rashes in similarly unusual sites and which present as atypical Lupus rashes so persevere with your efforts to get a diagnosis. 

Best of luck.

• Posted

Oh wow really it stains you too I still have the faint stain from a few years ago this was on my thigh now it's on my knee and raised and red with like white bits in its sore right now though I have looked at lupus rashes and convinced mine is the same but only time will tell xx
  • Posted

Hi Stephx,

I think you should have a Lupus test. Ask your GP to refer you be- cause that is what I did and the results came back positive for RA. Further investigation and have now been diagnosed with undifferentiated mixed connective tissue disease/disorder, which

Also shadows Lupus.

Let me know how you get on.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.