Could I have this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been looking at the symptoms of this and I have nearly all of them?

The biggest one for me is I'm constanley tired I'm 29 years old I don't want to do anything because I'm always tired surly that's not normal ? I work full time so I always thought it wAs that but it's getting out of hand, I have been on antidepressants they didn't work I also struggles with my weight and have very dry skin in my knees and elbows,

I went to the docs a year ago and thought I might be animec but the test can back normal Except for a low white blood count witch the siad wasn't worrying, we didn't discuss thyroids, would the doc automatically test for that?? 

Nearly all the symptoms for this I have ?

Would love some advise please I don't want to live like this anymore x x x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to just ask to be tested. Also ask for your B12 to be checked as you may have pernicious anaemia
  • Posted

I think one of the most noticeable signs before zI was diagnosed with zHypothyroidism was my dry elbows. I did have them from childhood but thought nothing about it until noticing after being treated they weren't dry anymore. Other symptoms you describe are also possibly due to Hypothyroidism. You need a specific thyroid blood test to prove what the situation is.

• Posted

Hi. It maybe thyroid. Did it say TFT on any test sheet you had? Stands for thyroid function test. If in uk. What are your symptoms if you dont mind me asking? I have thyroid issues but also chronic fatigue syndrome. So in short you may have something along these lines. Request copies of bloods results to see where you are. Wish you well 😀
  • Posted

Hiya

I have been suffering with tiredness and sluggishness for years it starting to affecy my relationship now, I'm always drained and don't have energy to do anything I always feel hungry also, 

I'm so sick of it now I have tried antidepressants but they don't really work,

At my wits end now feel like there is so much more to life then feeling like this x

• Posted

Do you have muscle pain/aches,  sleep disturbances, nausea ... Or anything else that seem radom? 
    • Posted

Me again.....forgot to mention I have no working thyroid, graves, and also chronic fatigue diagnosed way back when...I take 200 mcg synthroid plus just started 10mcgT3.... but don't feel really exhausted( just sometimes).....just total sleep interuption and really bad muscle pain and stiffness. Drives me crazy! Makes me feel like I am way older than I am because sometimes I even limp it is so badrolleyes
  • Posted

Donna,

funny you should mention those symptoms....I seem to have the muscle pain/ aches (pretty severe at different times?) and insomnia, etc..

may I ask why you mentioned that to Leanne's post??

thanks!

• Posted

Hi. I was asking as it could be cfs and or thyroid and many others. Was curious if there were symptoms thought to be unrelated that may help with diagnosis. Like yourself I have both conditions. I am only 37 but feel 107  its worth making a lengthy list of symptoms  however small 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.