Could I have varicocele recurrence? My varicocele experience.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Helo guys. I am 20 years old. 24 days ago I had varicocelectomy. I probably had varicocele for a long time cause I remember the skin on the left side of my scrotum didn't look normal but the pain started early on Octomber. On 16th October I was diagnosed with Varicocele on my left testicle. I also had 2 small veins on my right side but the doctor said it wasn't necessary to operate the right side even though I had pain on both sides. My semen analysis was 6 out of 10 I think. It wasn't that bad but they told my I would get better as the time passes.

The symptoms that I had before the operation were:

1. Pain on my testicles. First on my left then on both sides.

2. The left side of my scrotum looked like a bag of worms.

3. Pain on my groin area and a little on my legs.

4. I had contractions on my testicles. One time the sack was loose one time hard. That happend a lot(I think it's called cremaster reflex).

On 22nd October I had my surgery on the lower left side of my abdomen. The doctor operated me with spinal anestesia(local). They told me the operation was successful. After 4 hours I started feeling my legs again cause they were numb. Almost 5 hours later I got up and went to the bathroom. You might feel discomfort urinating the first day. 6 hours later the anestesia faded away and I had a lot of pain but I calmed after a while. The next day I went home and I had a bath but I was extremely cautious. I had difficulty walking straight and my back hurted when I was standing for too long. When I was lying down on my bed I was fine though by staying for a lot time on my bed it was uncomfortable and I had to move a little bit. The first day I didn't have any pain on my testicles and they looked more normal compare to how they looked before the surgery but they were very sensitive. I had a lot of pain on my groin area like a burning sensation and when I was walking or even moving it was painful. That burning sensation stoped after 2 weeks. The second day was different. I noticed a swelling on my left testicle and I got scared cause I thought I might be having hydrocele but it was just a swelling which disapeared 3 days later. On the second day of my recovery I noticed that I had contractions again and this time was way worse compare to how it was before the operation but as the days passed I was having them rarely. No it wasn't painful but was uncomfortable. I took a lot of medications like antibiotics and pain relievers for one week. On the third day I could sleep on my side. As the days passed I was feeling slightly better. After one week I removed the stitches and I was feelling a lot better. After 2 weeks I went to school and I could stand again straight without much pain. Since the surgery I tried my best not to mastrubate or lets say not to ejaculate but i did only mastrubate gently on the second week. Those 2 first weeks I had occasionally pain on my testicles and my groin area but since that moment I felt the same pain that I had before the surgery. I checked my self and it looked like the veins came back. I went to my doctor and he told me not to worry cause it was normal and that there will be some veins. He told me that the main purpose of the surgery was stop the blood flowing on those veins to the testicles and he gave me perscription for some medication to increase my sperm count and told me that I can return to my normal activites. I haven't been feeling that good since that day. The contractions came back again, I can feel some veins and i have some pain on my groin area(both sides) but mostly on my right side. I am extremely worried that I might have varicocele recurrence. Did anyone else had contractions or something similar? Sorry for the long post but I thought to share my experience with you. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey man, i hope you are doing well, i had a similar problem like yours, after the surgery no pain for the 3 days, then on the fourth day, i had a cup of black coffee, and coffee increases blood pressure temporarily, all of a sudden i had pain on the left testicle where i had the varicocele ligated(cut off,tied off). I went to the restroom to see what was up, and i looked at my left testis and felt it and i felt like the dilated veins were back, so i thought my varicocele came back, i hope it didnt though, im meeting my doctor that operated on me this coming friday, and im gonna ask him to do an ultrasound on me to see if there is blood reflux or not on my left testis, i would suggest the next time you see your doctor to do an ultrasound on you to confirm whether your varicocele came back or not, God willing it wont. I know youve postd this 9 months ago, it would be nice if you could reply me and tell me on your situation, it will really help me alot. To conclude this after the pain that i felt on that day when i drank the cofee, the next day when i woke up the pain was much less, so i doubt that the varicocele came back, however the pain that i felt when i drank the coffee was more like a dragging sensation kind of pain and it felt like it was coming from whatever is above the left testis such as the veins, arteries, vas deferens and such, sorry fro making this post this long and i really hope you can give me a reply on your current situation, it would really help me alot. smile
  • Posted

Hey guys I wanted to see how you guys were doing and if you got any answer from your docs?  I'm in a similar situation.  Had surgery 8 months ago but veins have seemed to return and along with more pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.