Could i have worms or is it just paranoia?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, so just to inform you, i've had stomach problems (severe upper stomach pain, nausea, intermittent diarhea and constipation) for the past 6 months, first they say pancreaitis, then its gastritis, i've moved back with my mum now and they are properly investigating what's wrong. But for the last couple days i think i seen some white things in my stool? They look like they are poking out, think and looks like not even a couple millimetres long, i noticed quite a few as well, only at the beginning of the stool i think. I've never had this before and i'm kinda freaking out, anything but worms. I haven't had any itching, no more diarhea than usual so i'm thinking that maybe i'm just seeing things. I can't tell if i have the stomach pain because i have alot anyway and it's difficult to tell the difference. Please, any help would be appreciated, I guess i should tell my stomach doctor about things but I'm too embarrassed/I won't be seeing him again for a while, my mum could call but i dont want to tell her until I'm pretty sure. Also, I'm a 16 year old female, on 40mg omeprazole, 300mg voxra and a normal probiotic. Incase it has anything to do with it. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

They did blood test and astool sample a while ago as well and the results was i had a deficency in vitamin B12. They'll be retaking them soon, i'm not sure what blood tests they did but they needed at least 12 tubes of blood so he did quite a few tests, is it possible to see if someone has worms through something in the blood? All i'll be goung for an ultrasound in November of my gallbladder, would anything show up on there? And then a endoscopy and colonoscopy if needed. Which i know would show up but that would be in at least 2-3 months.

• Posted

The next time you have a bowel movement and you see these white things film them on your phone  Show it to your doctor so that you get a diagnosis.  If you delay going to your doctor, your symptoms may only get worse.  Doctors see all sorts of things and are used to it.  Your doctor will understand your concerns and will be able to reassure you and talk you through all the possibilities. 
    • Posted

Well, the thing is i don't really have any symptoms? Apart from maybe see something white in my stool (unless my eyes are just playing tricks on me).

• Posted

I would still take a photo of it or if you see anything moving about film it and take it to your doctor and see what he/she says. That is the only way of relieving any uncertainty or worry.  Maybe it is some food that has not digested properly or a parasite.  Either way your doctor is the best judge of that.  Ask about the results of your stool tests and check if they looked for parasites.
    • Posted

Uhm, I hate to bother you again but since i last posted this i didn't find anything unusual in my stool. But now i noticed a thread in the toilet...it was not a worm i can be sure of that, it was way too thin and it wasn't moving. Also, had lighter chunks in my stool just now. I mean, the doc said it's possible i have IBS so could it be something im eating? Yo're probably not an expert but if you've had any experience with this?

• Posted

I don't have any food absorption problems but some people with IBS do.  Try  keeping a food diary and ask your doctor to refer you to a dietician who can help you with the Fodmap diet.

• Posted

NO reason to be embarassed!! Your health is so much more important and it is only your doctor!! A stool sample will test for parasites and worms and the such. 
    • Posted

To be honest, my health failing me anyway, this could be just another problem that i can add to the list. I had a stool sample recently not sure if they tested for parasites but i know they tested for inflamation in the intestins and h pylori bug. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.