Could I possibly have a blood clot like DVT in the back of my left leg with no symptoms at 19?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since December of last year I've been attending a community college and besides that have been just sitting at home for hours on end playing video games and sleeping. I have no friends so I don't go outside much. Just last night and again today I've felt this soreness and tightness in the back I my left thigh. It doesn't even hurt much but since I'm hardly mobile I'm scared might be the beginning stages of a blood clot. I have no pain when breathing but had these tiny pains in my sternum that I thought were common. I've read that clot can travel to the lungs and kill people. I haven't felt any tingling in my lower leg either. After reading what I've just read I've gotten really nervous although I don't want to go to the doctor because I have extreme anxiety around other people. I'll probably end up going anyway but could this feeling be something serious or just a sore muscle? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alijah

Am not qualified to be able to give an answer as not a doctor. However, as a mum of somebody who had a clot at 19 I do know that it is possible to have one after prolonged periods of inactivity (my daughter's was after a two day coach journey when she was also a bit dehydrated and had been taking the combined pill. And then she had two long haul flights. So all of these things increased her risk. She did have localised pain in her leg before it got worse and swelled up and went red.

However I would say that the best thing is not to get too worried but speak to a doctor about the symptoms and your concerns. In terms of the chest pains, if they get worse or you are finding it very hard to breath then it is best to get help straight away. However anxiety can also cause chest pain and so it would be best to discuss this with your doctor and see whether there is any help so that you feel happier about going out too as inactivity is probably not helping you feel better either.

I wish you all the best and hope that you get things sorted.

• Posted

As a follow on to Krinbra, it really is not healthy to sit about all day like you are, can you not get out for a walk?  I am in my sixties and sitting a lot so I go out for a good 3 mile walk every evening (I did before I had my DVT).  You really do put yourself at risk not getting any exercise. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.