Could impacted wisdom teeth be causing my nausea?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'll give you guys the short version of what I've already wrote in other discussions, but basically since the start of January I've been having daily nausea, burping, discomfort etc. to the point that I can barely eat without feeling sick. I've gotten an endoscopy, CT scan, blood tests, and everything has come back normal. I got a gastric emptying study today as well, since my GI thought food wasn't moving through me well enough (although I have a feeling this isn't the problem either and I hope it isn't as this would likely be a chronic illness). Now I'm starting to wonder if my impacted wisdom teeth are causing my nausea, since I've yet to get them out.

Also, back in December there were a few days where I was ridiculously dizzy and lightheaded, but bloodtests came back normal then too. Now I'm connecting my past dizziness to my current nausea and I feel like the two might be related.

Either way, has anyone else had any experience with nausea from impacted wisdom teeth? I'm set to get mine out in July but I might move that date way up to potentially stop this suffering. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pain from impacted wisdom teeth could cause you to feel nausea, but you haven't mentioned anything about pain. My guess would be acid reflux or GERDS. Assuming your not already you should consider taking a daily proton pump inhibitor such as Prevacid or Nexium or any one of those. But understand that you have to take these daily for them to work. Not just when you feel sick.

• Posted

I rarely feel pain from my wisdom teeth, and when I do its usually so minimal that I don't even need to take any pain meds. The only other time I feel pain is if i touch my jaw, but even then this is only occassionally. I've been on omeprazole for about 3 months now and I haven't seen much improvement, unfortunately sad

• Posted

To answer your question specifically when my wisdom teeth were impacted I did not have any nausea from them. That being said I know we talked about you taking one type of proton pump inhibitor I might suggest you move over to Nexium simply because according to my doctor it's the strongest one of the OTC. See if that one changes anything in your stomach. Otherwise I have no more suggestions for you. All I can say is that as someone who suffers from all kinds GI problems myself you have all my sympathy.

• Posted

Try fresh ginger and slice little pieces.its bitter but work nice on the belly. About a half inch and see if that helps the naseau. Are you constipated? That would make you feel sick after a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.