Could it be a fungal infection....?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered with an itchy bum hole for years and years.  the last 2 have been particularly bad.  I went to a doctor for the first tie when I was 21.  I've spoken to a doctor about it 3 times.  they always ask if I've tried worming tablets - which I have.  I'd tried everything - sleeping tablets to knock me out (always worse at night) but would still wake up scratching.  Ice cubes, Hemorrhoid cream.  anti bacterial cream, coconut oil.  If I didn't have a tube of eurax in my bed, ready to apply when the itchiness started, I couldn't sleep.  This became so embarrassing, especially when sharing a bed with friends or partners.  I resigned myself to never finding a cure to this and not having any bumhole left in 20 years!  

?Last week I went to a GUM clinic as I though I had genital warts.  I thought possibly I had one up my bum as I could feel a skin flap and maybe this was the cause of the itchiness  The doctor took swabs and diagnosed a fungus infection.  She prescribed an anti fungal cream called daktakort and after a week of applying twice daily, the itchiness went.  I feel like I'm living in a whole new world.  I think I've been living with this for years and it went undiagnosed.  I hope this helps someone who is also suffering.  Banish itchy bumholes forever! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for the post. I too used an antifungal cream for a week day and night. And after 10 days the itch came back. Please let me know if the itch has gone for good? I’m considering taking oral antifungal meds for a long term dose
  • Posted

I suspect it’s some form of fungal but like the other poster said, let us know if it comes back. I’ve tried the over the counter creams and pill and it didn’t work.  Used all the other things you did - coconut oil - crazy other stuff and nothing. Tried a simple natural remedy that is pennies as final test 10 years later and it’s been gone ever since. Unbelievable.  I suspect it only responds to certain properties - an unusually resistant infection. 
  • Posted

What was the remedy you tried please? Have also read it could be a bacteria in the gut that we don’t know how to treat yet. But if it’s responded to antifungal I want to try that
    • Posted

Try distilled white vinegar. Nothing to lose it worked for me. I applied two-three times a day.  Itching at night stopped and area healed. Kept using as preventive maintenance ever since.  It’s been a miracle for me.  It may sting at first but work past it.   10 years and until randomly tried it, was suffering. I had tried other vinegars - apple cider without results. Not sure why white vinegar works but suspect it just has properties that kill it.  Doctors were useless.  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.