Could it be an ulcer

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi guys my names Gary an I'm having problems with my stomach getting pain top of stomach feels like it's affecting my breathing it's worse the day after drinking alcohol feel sick a lot and feel like I'm burning up I'm taken esmeprosole for 10years I'm scared in case it's something bad and very loose stools a lot can anyone help 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Gary, I'm not a doctor but I've experienced ulcers and bile and reflux. Some questions for you. Have you had an endoscope investigation? Also are you loosing weight. Do you vomit? I'm sorry for the forward questions. But I'd like to help. If your breathing is a problem then you should ask to see a docotor as soon as possible.also if your stools are black or if your vomit looks like coffee beans go to hospital. I'm guessing it's an ulcer and their is other medications. Sucrafate coats the stomach lining and could give great relief. What age are you?

• Posted

Also are you symptoms realted to walking, running etc. I don't want to scare you Gary but I'm 38 and I have angina. Stomach problems can mimic heart problems and vice versa. So I would advise you to get your heart checked just as a precaution. As I said im not a doctor. Please seek medical advice. Try and stay calm until you see a doctor

• Posted

Hi Gordon I'm 50 I've been bothered with my stomach for years I've had an endoscope 6years ago at that time my gullet was burnt with acid if I don't take my tablet I get bad heartburn and I've got to be sick but I'm getting scared now 

• Posted

I've also had stomach problems for years. It could still be stomach related. Your doctor will probably order another endoscope. You mite need maximum acid therapy. Your doctor mite give you ranitidine as well. Sucralfate is what I use for my ulcer and reflux. Given your age i would definetly ask the doctor for a heart check. Angina can also cause burning in the chest similar to heartburn. So please speak to the doctor about it. I'm not trying to scare you but please seek medical advice.loose stools could be down to diet or to much caffiene. Please keep an eye on the colour of your stools. I'f they turn black then go to hospital ASAP. Also do you drink alcohol often? It will irritate to stomach regardless of omeprazole

• Posted

I regurgitate food a lot I've also brought acid up during my sleep stomach is sore when I press on it

• Posted

Then it sounds stomach related. Have you tried raising the head of your bed. Try raising it slightly. With books or bricks, that should stop the acid rising when you lie down. You can buy ranitidine until prescribed by your doctor. Please take 300mg before bedtime. That's 2 tablets 150mg each and dont eat for at Least 2 hours before going to bed. This should help you. This technique takes a few days to have any effect. I've had severe stomach issues that effected my quality of life. Also if you can don't sleep on your right side as this pushes the stomach contents into the esophagus.

• Posted

And if you can cut back on the alcohol as this will only irritate the stomach. Stay away from coffee, spicy foods and peppermint. Your stomach needs time to settle Gary and I've had 15 years experience with similar problems. Also if you have an ulcer, eating should actually help the pain. Could be gastritis that causes inflammation of the stomach, vomiting and loose stools.

• Posted

Can an ulcer give you weak muscle becausE I get weak muscles in arms and legs 
    • Posted

Not that aware of. Could be a different medical issue. Please see a doctor
  • Posted

We take sea cucumber extract but maybe you can try sea cucumber soup at chinese restaurant .it heal internal cuts very fast. Here in malaysia the xtrect sold  in bottle as traditional medicine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.