Could it be bowel cancer ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi!

so i have health anxiety but for years i have had problems with my stomach bloating and pain in my lower stomach eapecially my left hand side by my groin . i just lived with it as doctor said years ago possible IBS. the only times i was free from pain for a long period of time was with each pregnancy. i also for several years developed digestive issues but had helicobactor and this has cleared up and a endoscopy was fine just alittle gastritis. my bowel movements are fine and i go everyday on the whole and they are normal in size and colour. but i keep getting trally bad lower back pain . its bad at the moment. hurts alot in the morning and theoughout day especially if i sgand for too long. as the day goes on it burns and travels up the top of my back. i had blood test in july and had to take iron tablets as low iron but when retwsted in october and december they were all fine. i just feel i need to know whats going on and am convinced it must be cancer !! i lost alot of weight last year. but have not lost anymore fir 2 months?? feeling lost !

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

Your anxiety is perfectly normal and I can appreciate what you are going through having had bowel cancer myself.

But from the tests you have had everything with your bowel appears fine and a potential diagnosis of IBS.

Why do you think your lower back pain is linked to your bowel? Could it just be back pain, a disc or something?

Regards

• Posted

hi

thanks for replying. a famiky member had bowel cancer so think its on my mind. i think i have spent so many years convincing myself i could have it in my stomach, when that came back clear, ive moved the goal post. my brain dont seem to want to accept anything else?? its hurting ao much more than usual that i cant think of another good enough reason ?? sorry to hear youve had bowel cancer. i hope you are ok x

• Posted

Tracey

My bowel cancer was 6 years ago so I am all clear now thankfully.

I think you have answered your own question by the way you describe your brain is working, if you have backache then see your doctor or go straight to a physio or oesteopath, I know from my dealings with the latter they will tell you if its structural and they can help you or something else and to see your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.