Could it be cancer?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had a slightly deepened open sore on the under part of my left breast for a month. Last 2 weeks used bactroban no change, pain in my chest wall right side into top of breast,top of arm and slightly into my armpit. This morning I noticed another open sore above my right breast. Am awaiting a mammogram appt. Very worried.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicci,

Sorry you're going through this.  Have you been to see a gp or any doctor?  It seems to me that you might have an infection going on that needs to be taken care of with better antibiotics than you can get at the store. I suggest you go to A&E or to the ER.  

Best of luck to you, please let me know how you get on.  

• Posted

Have you change your diet ? Take soursup juice 3 times daily and take tumeric and garlic in your meals.. Garlic , ginger and black seed mixture with pure honey will be advise as well ..
  • Posted

Afternoon Nicci, I also have had the same sort of thing on my right breast on 3 seperate occasions, which have left substansial scarring, In all cases they start looking like a sort of dry spot which quickly chnage to a sore which can weep , when i went to doctor i was told it was down to antibodies and bacteriea which he gave me hibbiscrub for, i always use Dove or Sanex. So it got me quite upset thinking i had caused it not showering enough, but doc said it had more to do with me having quite large breasts and the skin rubbing together and the bacteria everyone has on the skin. Ive since had one on my underarm which again left scarring. He did call it something but i carnt remember the name , sorry. It get me down as they are do unsightly . I hope you sort it out and your doctor is more use than mine was, 

regards Carol

• Posted

A new mole or change in an existing mole

Even though moles are more seen as an indicator of skin cancer, there are times when they maybe a sign of breast cancer. When pigment cells grow in clusters, there is development of moles. These are small growths that can be pink, brown or black and uneven. It is also said that women with more moles are at a greater risk of the disease.

Lumps in the breasts

Breast tissues in general are of a bumpy texture. However if there is a lump formation in one of the breast that does not seem natural, it might be a sign of concern. It may be the sign of a benign cancer condition so it’s best to not leave it unattended. This lump is irregular in shape, can be painful and definitely needs to be checked by a doctor.

Lumps can also develop in armpits and it’s not good if they don’t go away even after the menstrual cycle. This may mean that the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes.

Change in the shape or size of the breast

Check for puckering, dimpling, thickening of the breast skin that can be indicators of risk. This is sometimes referred to as Orange peel skin. There might be redness, increase in warmth or swelling of the breast. If there is an itching in the breasts, there might be an inflammation that needs immediate attention.

Discharge from nipple

There can be unusual discharge from the nipples sometimes that can be completely non-cancerous but check for blood stains or crusting. If it happens only in one breast and without any squeezing, there might be chances of an ulcer in the nipple.

One of the best ways to prevent breast cancer is regular self-examination of breasts. Keeping these tips in mind is necessary as an early detection is the best way to counter the harmful effects of breast cancer. 

• Posted

Hi nicci75,

Happy to tell you that it is not cancer. Likely irritation due to your bra.

Kind Regards,

KOALA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.