Could it be Chron's?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Back in november i went to my GP about a slight burning feeling in the center of my abdomen just below rib cage also loose mushy stools(no blood), i had blood taken and was given omeprozole (suspected inflamed stomach lining). Had a trip to a&e a few weeks later and was given amoxicillin and told its probably ibs, blood tests showed slight inflamation, i then had bad wartery diarrhoea for a day and half, blood in one bm.

Since then stools have been quite loose but no blood, to me they seemed to have mucous, most days id have a bm when i wake up, then a few slight pains in my upper left, bm was mushy, then later on in the day my bowel wouldnt feel emptied.

From jan until now the pain is more uncomfortable feeling than a pain, mainly in my upper left abdomen under rib cage, some days feels fine and gone. Occasionally get heartburn.

Bm are now more normal, maybe once or twice every other week they are mushy but can see small bits of white/clear mucous on a normal bm. Sometimes a bit constipated. So i was thinking ibs until....

Finally had a colonoscopy today and was all normal except for some ulcers in my terminal ileum so the doctors are suspecting chron's (really hoping its not ) waiting for the biopsy results, just wanting to see if anyone has been through similar or any advice?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It could be the prep which caused the ulcers, it could be infectious , it could be from taking nsaids, it could be crohns, it could be a lot of things!

Best to wait for the biopsy results.

Hopefully you don’t have crohns... good luck to you

• Posted

I ruled out NSAIDS as i only took ibuprofen twice, just nervous waiting now, not knowing since December is horrible 😯

• Posted

Honestly ... if it is Ibd ... waiting is all you do! Amd chase appts.

Try not to stress too much, easier said that done I know, but it doesn’t help your tum.

I hope you feel better soon, and let us know how you’re results are x

• Posted

Just been for a run, i find exercise helps 😁,

I will, thank you 😁

• Posted

Any word on the biopsy results? Hoping for good news and that you're feeling better!

• Posted

Finally had the results and i have been diagnosed with Chron's 😐 frustrating, but relived to get a diagnosis. And after reading peoples stories on their Chron's, i feel quite lucky as mine hasnt been too troubling. I have been given budesonide, also calcium vit d3 tablets. Currently reading through all the booklets i have been given 😂

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re feeling better soon. Hope the budesonide is effective for you.  

What exactly did your biopsy show? Did they tell you the wording? Did you have a fecal calprotectin test or blood CRP test? They’ve told me based on my biopsies and blood work that they don’t think I have Crohn’s disease but can’t be 100% sure.  

• Posted

He said the biopsy's showed inflamation in my ilium, none in the colon, i didnt ask about FCP i was taking in that he said its shows chron's tbh, but CRP showed inflamation aswell. He was confident it's chron's so i think i automatically took his word for it 😕

• Posted

I see.  My case is a little more confusing.  I had my colonoscopy about 3 weeks after my symptoms started (I had a day of non bloody diarrhea and fever).  All my stool cultures were negative.  I had "acute inflammation" in my ileum and colon but my CRP and FCP were both normal.  So they're saying that I probably don't have Crohn's, more likely post viral infectious inflammation and that my symptoms should get better within 6-12 months.  But I'm not convinced...I'm still having abdominal pain, loose / mushy / ragged stools 1-2 x per day, rumbling and gas that wakes me up at night and my pain isn't any better after a BM.  Hard to live in limbo like this.  I guess I'll just have to trust the doctors and hope for the best.

• Posted

Quite similar to me, i had a day of waterry diarrhea, one was bloody. Since then its been on and off uncomfortable feeling, no pain bad enough to stop me doing anything but still mushy stool or hard ragged stool once a day. I had to wait 6 months for the colonoscopy as the waiting lists to see the gastro in the uk are huge and it wasnt deemed serious. But the worry that it coudld be something really worse affected it aswell, today i woke up feeling great and been fine all day, wondering if it is really Chron's 😕

• Posted

No nothing yet 😕 i am felling alot better for the past few days so its not so bad waiting, but just want to find out now. Thank you 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.