COULD IT BE CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have always been a go to work and straight home type of person but none the less, I worked and took care of my home and family. I had a terrible spinal leak many years ago that left me with chronic head pain in my occipital area but excedrin and neuralgia cream took care of it. I had another child 13 years later in 2010. It was around that time I began noticing some struggling with work but I figured it was from being a new mom and getting up for work at 1:45 am. I began missing work through FMLA due to what I thought was chronic sinusitis. In 2012 I took a layoff from work and I wasnt called back. We moved in 2014 to a new home and I started having stomach trouble that just continued to get worse. I developed an ulcer from the years of aspirin use and was again sent back to ENT for probable sinusitis. New ENT said nothing wrong with your sinuses, it is myofacial pain. Now I have been seeing a neurologist, physical therapist, and chiropractic care, been to rheumatology once so far, my regular doc.....been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and chronic headache disorder. I noticed some time ago that when I get sick I dont bounce back...and it just continues to get worse. I have tried working part time for the past several years and finally gave up in august of last year and filed for disability. My symptoms have gotten worse and ironically I had a bad urinary infection in July of last year and I didnt seem to bounce back. I would push myself to get up and get in the shower but it was miserable. I get light headed, heart races, need to sit down now. I'm cold sitting still, sweating if I'm moving around, have energy one day only to be completely useless the next. My body is not operating well. I've have fibro and I understand some of these symptoms can overlap but I've never had so little energy in my life. I dont understand what's going on? Also antibiotics have always made me feel better, but only penecillin. As far as triggers I was treated for lyme but it was never confirmed, I slept in a moldy camper and woke up with a bad sore throat, mold in the basement of our home we moved in, and a few nasty chest infections, and urinary infections, I also went cold turkey for 2 weeks from an opiate substitute that sent my body into a full blown freak out mode, plus others I cant think of right now. I've gained at least 30lbs from inactivity...and I've never had problems with my weight like this. I know I need to move but it's not my choice anymore. I never know how I will feel. I don't leave the house anymore unless I have to because it's to exhausting. Even writing this takes up mental focus that difficult for me. I take many multi vitamins hoping my body just needs a boost but nothing helps??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Kristina,

sounds like you have had quite a few things have happened to you and as you have a diagnosis of fibro, I would say yes you could have CFS/ME just from that. I wonder If the mould you talk about isn't helping things too as it's not good for me, I know it's not good for me. I gained weight too through inactivity and was given a 12 week plan through the NHS- I live in the UK. It helped me loose weight but it wiped me out too at times. I have lost the excess and do feel different, I was also anaemic, but not back to pre cfs/me.

I would speak to your general practitioner to see if they agree with the idwa of a cfs/me diagnosis or where you would need to be referred to.

hope that helps

Beverley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.