Could it be fibroids?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the past 4 months I've been having regular periods. The first month I was like a week late then the 2 month I want like a little more late, last month it was like a weird period where it was light and than heavy and than in between I had some a little bit of old blood spotting when I assume I was ovulating and than right now I'm suppose to be getting my period and I've just been kinda spotting old brownish blood. I've been having lower back pain along with this and especially on the left side. I can't get into my GYN but I'm starting to get worried it's something worse. Has anyone had similar symptom who've had fibroids?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your age is very important in regard to periods getting lighter etc. As we age our periods will change. Perhaps you are perimenopausal?

Many times women with fibroids experience more bleeding, not less.  Pain can be caused when fibroids are putting pressure on other organs.  Fibroids can be attached anywhere on and in the uterus.  Inside, outside and in the uterine walls.  Each poses it's own complications.  

If you are younger than 35.  My guess is your pregnant and have just been 'showing' during pregnancy.  

Even if you can't go to your GYN, go to your family doctor and get a pregnancy test as well as request an ultrasound. The u/s copy can be sent to your GYN. Lower back pain can be caused by many things.  

Make an appointment with your GYN.  If the GYN doesn't have any openings for months and months, get referred to another GYN.  

• Posted

The sign I had was heavy painful periods with clots, and I was spotting a pinkish red blood between my periods, I was also geting strange pains too, I would call you're GP personally doesn't sound like fibroids too me, as your talking light periods 

• Posted

Doesn't necessarily have to be fibroids. I think the best way is to visit a gyne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.