Could it be Gastrisis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 26 years old female with no significant medical history. I recently went through a really stressful event in my life about 2 months ago. After the event I started getting this weird urge to urinate, panicked I went into emergency and they did CBC blood tests and urine tests and found nothing but still prescribed me antibiotics for 5 days, instead of healing my urge to urinate I had other side effects such as numbness from the antibiotics, I completed the course and went back to my family doctor and explained everything, she performed a physcial examination, hormone blood test, fasting blood test, abdomen ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, neck xray, shoulder ultrasound and all the tests were clear. She still prescribed me another antibiotic to take for 7 days, I completed that as well. After a week I got my period and due to cramping I took advil 2 times a day, right after my period finished I started taking lemon in water, cranberry juice and milk right after it, this made me feel like something was stuck in my throat instantly, a few days after I started to feel heartburn, stomach noises like gurgalling, abdomnal pain especially a dull pain on the right side of my ribs and the back and stomach uncomfortableness after eating and on an empty stomach, sore throat. I went back to my family doctor told her all the symptoms and she gave me PPI pantaprozole 40 mg magenisium to take for 2 weeks once daily. I just finished the 2 week course and my heartburn improved but everything else is still there stomach gas, discomfort, belching, feeling as something is stuck in my throat, sore throat, and the pain on the right side near rib and my back.

My doctor said this is all in my head but I can physically feel everything, I also requested for a stool test that came back clear as well, I do not know what other tests to do but from reading about symptoms it looks like it might be gastrisis. Has anyone else had a similar experience who could tell me what to do.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

it sounds like gastritis i was diagnosed with chronic gastritis and GERD in septmember last year and i have alot of your symptoms except my pain is across my upper abdomen it moves sporadically. i was on PPI's but they only helped with the heartburn i am still dealing with my symptoms and am pregnant on top of it. ask for an endoscopy as that is the only way to diagnose gastritis good luck, you are not alone

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, how were your conditions diagnosed? and I am thinking of conceiving without the next 7 months how is your pregnancy with the conditions? How are you dealing with it?

• Posted

i was diagnosed through an endoscopy and biopsy samples. my pregnancy has been pretty rough the heartburn is unbearable at times and the burning sensation in my upper abdomen is worse because im carrying so big but i take zantac twice a day and it has been helping some especially the heartburn. totally worth it though to have another little bundle of joy. its manageable just frustrating at times.

• Posted

Did the biopsy hurt or create any side effects?? And is Zantac safe to take during pregnancy?

• Posted

It appears that you have done everything except check the foods you are eating, Suggest you consult a registered dietition or nutritionist to put you on the right track.

• Posted

I have an appointment this sunday with a naturopath, hopefully that helps, do you suggest a endoscopy?

• Posted

A naturopath may be limited to health foods. Suggest a dietition or nutritionist. An endoscopy would have been recommended by your doctors.

• Posted

Don't listen to anyone telling you that your symptoms are in your head. She obviously doesn't know the answer, so see someone else and ask about gastritis. Ask if you need an endoscopy. Doctors often come out with upsetting comments like this when they can't diagnose.

Antibiotics can upset the stomach and strip out good bacteria. You have had quite a lot of antibiotics. Try some yoghurt to rebalance your gut flora. I had a negative urine test but was still given antibiotics which did nothing but made me feel sick, have loose stools and didn't help my abdominal pain. I ended up with thrush because of them. In the end, my diagnosis was IBS. e aware that some drugs cause neuropathy; numbness is a symptom of that.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, it means alot ,how are you dealing with IBS?

• Posted

I got IBS because of stress and anxiety after a bad reaction to chiropractory and a botched blood test. Buscopan and painkillers help the pain and on occasion I have needed Imodium. I haven't had any flare ups for ages now.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, it means alot ,how are you dealing with IBS?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.