Could it be Lyme Disease?

Posted , 6 users are following.

July 7th 2014. Woke up fine went to work. A few hours later began feeling dizzy and totally out of sorts. Tried driving to get lunch thinking maybe too hot and hadn't eaten breakfast. It was 11 am. Didn't make it not one mile before numbness set in on lips feet and hands. Looked at my own hands and felt as if they were no longer attached to me. Started to deep breath to stay calm. Within 15 minutes was full blown numb and strange feelings I never had before. Called ambulance because at age 32 an independent fearless healthy hard working woman could no longer drive. At the hospital stroke like symptoms happened. No apparent cause. Legs numb and heavy, heart rate going up and back down with numbness and strange feelings of passing out. Was calm the entire time as a nurse I know darn well this wasn't an anxiety attack and if not calm they would dismiss it as such. They discharged me that day after waiting 3 hours for my heart rate to stop fluctuating. 30 second EKG fine of course. From that day I was discharged hardly able to walk. Face was tingling and numb. Two MRIs, 1 MRA, all cardiac tests from EKG to cardiac catheter all normal. ENT noticeable issues with eye movement in certain positions but no apparent reason. Fatigue unbelievable. Heart palpitations, headaches, blood pressure fluctuations dangerously high dropping dangerously low many times over half hour periods struggling to stay awake. Brain fog,memory loss. Forget my own sisters nam,getting lost on roads I've traveled for years. Forgetting where I wad even headed to begin with. Sleeping all day, tired all the time. They checked for MS. Nothing except unexplained arthritis through out back and neck. Deformities of back with no explanation. Severe irritably and mood swings. Menstrual cycle out of whack from day it started. Now under control. Severe back and neck stiffness. Chronic debilitating life altering dizziness, sense of imbalance, sometimes literally feel like im going crazy. Struggle everyday to function someday almost impossible others can be fought through. Found antibodies for hoshimotos thyroiditis. Normal labs so nobody will treat. Synthroid and natural dissected thyroid meds dont work when finally convinced doctor to try. Threw me right into some kind of cardiac episode. Gluten dairy chemical free diets no relief. Brain feels like it just doesn't want to function and haven't felt like im physically here anymore for years. Laying down helps only some of the time. Open areas scare me now. Afraid to walk across parking lots and physical exertion causes vision to go strange and fear of passing out. Blood sugars always normal A1C always normal. All labs have ever shown is sky high aantibodies, low vitamin D, and high inflammation. WBC counts high day one but have leveled back to normal. Spoke to a woman suffering from Lyme Disease today. She states she feels exactly this way and that her tests for it were negative for a year until they conducted the correct test. Could this be what is taking my life from me as well? ?? Could I really be so dizzy and off balance and almost delusional from Lyme? ??? I do not ever remember any tick bites or bulls eye rash. I currently have been suffering from a strange and severely itchy traveling rash for a month or two with boils here and there that leave then reappear. Does this ring a bell with anyone who has Lyme or am I looking for answers in the wrong place?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tasha, so sorry to read about your troubles with possible lyme disease. I have all your symptom plus some cardiac issues. The numbness of face, arms, feet and legs has come and gone for years. Was told it was fibromyalgia after negative lyme tests (which I have had a couple of times). I finally saw a local lyme doctor in December and he gave a clinical diagnosis of lyme and coinfections based on symptoms. I have been on a few antibiotics since then but nothing seems to help, although there is a Herx reaction making the symptoms much worse. The last few weeks the face and extremity numbness have gotten much worse. I also have alot of neck and back pain to go with the numbness.

It sounds like these are typical lyme symtoms. Years ago my family doctor told me I had either MS or ALS, but lyme makes much more sense.

Best of luck with finding relief from this nasty disease.

Rick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.