Could it be lymphoma?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been undergoing tests for quite a while after having symptoms of right lower stomach pain, constipation etc, frequent urination, itching under arms, which the consultant thought was possibly some sort of inflammatory bowel disease or a cyst possibly in ovaries. To cut a long story short, I had an ultrasound which didn't show anything really, and had an MRI of my small bowel and they found some enlarged lymph glands which they need to discuss further. I haven't been told exactly where they are and I am not sure what will happen now? Or whether I should be worried about something like lymphoma? I have also had inflamed tonsils recently and am going to be sent for further investigation for that too as it's not tonsillitis. I also had my appendix taken out a while ago, if this could be anything to do with it. I was convinced it was something like a cyst as I know others who have had similar symptoms. Any advice on enlarged lymph glands/nodes or what it could be or what will happen next would be helpful, as I am quite worried!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jess, sorry for your problems. No, hard to guess what it could be. However, your doctor seems to be planning to find out what it is. Hope it's nothing serious. Best wishes.

harrishill

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your message! I haven't heard anything else yet from the doctors who are meant to have a meeting about me, but I am going to see an ent next week so hopefully getting closer to finding out!

Thank you!

• Posted

Hey Jess, I'm having similar issues - although my itching is in my right side particularly after alcohol, and my right neck gland is huge! I'm having lots of night sweats also - but im wondering if its anxiety or whatever. Anyway, I've had a chest xray and going in for blood tests tomorrow to see if its lymphoma or an allergy/liver/etc thing.  Hopefully will find out all results next week.

https://www.lymphomas.org.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/Symptoms-of-lymphoma.pdf these guys were mega helpful when the doctor first suggested lymphoma to me - this symptom link might be a good read. The helpline said because lymphoma is to do with the immune system the symptoms can get confused with loads of other illnesses as like your glands will swell when you get ill from infections etc. And there's other people's experiences on this webpage and stuff. Let me know how things go smile

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry just replying to your message! I am also having night sweats although not severe. How did you get on?

Ahh okay, thanks for that, I will have a look on there! Okay well I think they have said it is not glandular fever, so I am just really worried and just want to find out so I can get better!

• Posted

So I'm quite worried now as the doctor at hospital has asked to see me a lot sooner than originally planned but said on the phone not to worry.. so going in six days rather than weeks, why would they bring it forward? Should I be worried? I don't know if they've had another meeting after I spoke to them or not but there must be a reason for suddenly want to see me in a few days?
  • Posted

Hey Jess,

Well my chest xray came back clear and my blood tests show that the problem is actually in my liver - however I have had a hard lump appear under my jaw bone which I find a bit disturbing...but unless it gets massive I'm going to wait and see!!  The doctor wants to do more tests next month so I'll get them to check it out then maybe.

I was in a proper state when they rang me up and said I had to go in to speak to the doctor about my results coz they wouldnt give me them on the phone - I had no idea it was about my liver rather than lymphoma! It's all a really unsure and stressful time isnt it! At least you'll get more info on whats going on in a few days.  I would say I hope you enjoy the bank holiday weekend...but lets be honest, its probably going to be the longest weekend ever!!

Let me know how it goes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.