Could it be lymphoma?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I came down with flu round early June felt bad fatigued etc. The flu went but the fatigue lingered and is nothing like i've experienced before in the past and coupled with headaches. I'm concerned about Lymphoma as I have had joint pains in my left leg(where the lymph nodes are), for about a month or longer. I'm worried it is a swollen node. I also have lumps on my neck, however I was told that these were just glands and I've had them for years. I'm worried that this flu has masked something more sinister.

The pain in my joint mainly hurts when I move that part. I've gone to the doctors multiple times as the fatigue has affected my quality of life, but tests I have come back normal. What tests have done is the following:

Blood test - CBC, cortisol, creatine, LDH - all came back normal

Chest X rays (recent)

Past tests:

Echocardiogram (while back)

Endoscopy (last year)

Colonoscopy(last year)

ECGs (while back)

Though these have come back normal, I'm worried that I still have not recovered and these pains in my joints could indicate a problem with the lymph nodes. I'm having an ultrascan though.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm certainly not a doctor but I've done some research and I understand the anxiety so I'll give you some information I know. Lymph nodes swell from viruses and dont go down sometimes. The size of your nodes and the characteristics matter as well. If your nodes are around 1cm and soft and movable then they are most likely from the flu you had or from some other virus in the past. This might be the case with mine but the anxiety is still there and I understand the worry. Also, I think if the fatigue and other symptoms you're dealing with are from lymphoma something should show up on the blood test and you should be getting other symptoms. However, this is not all the time, and there has been a few instances where this is not the case according to research but I wouldn't be too worried if the blood and chest xray came back fine. If you're still active tell me how the ultrasound goes?

• Posted

Hi just saw this. Ultra scan came back fine. But that lump grew a bit then became painful, doctor still says it's fine. Now the lumps surrounding that area have become painful to touch.

I've also had lumps on my neck for years so going for an ultra scan.

What is worrying me is this fatigue that has not left since June (had flu) recently it;s gotten worst, and I'm worried that some cancer has gone unnoticed.

I'm otherwise not losing weight or anything. Should I be firm and request another ultra scan of my groin?

• Posted

I think if it's truly worrying you, you should get an ultrasound of your groin to be sure, but from a lot of research lymphoma lymph nodes aren't usually tender or painful to the touch. For peace of mind, if the doctor says the lymph nodes are fine and the tests come back fine, I don't think the fatigue or the lymph nodes are from lymphoma, but unless you have a definite answer for the lymph nodes and fatigue, it's not certain. Again, I'm not a doctor, but in my best opinion you should return to the doctor to see for sure what's causing the fatigue and the lymph nodes, but mostly the fatigue because it seems like the biggest concern.

• Posted

Hi thanks for coming back. I really hope it's nothing serious, but it has affected my quality of life the fatigue. Especially as a 29 year old man, who wants to do 29 year old man things.

I will try to have another ultrasound for my groin if possible. I have private healthcare coming next month so that will health push it. Yeah you are right that the fatigue is the biggest concern. Also I get dull pains in my neck bumps which isn't great, but I'm having an ultrasound on that this thursday. My reassurance is that it hasn't grown in size or anything.

• Posted

Alright, good luck on you're ultrasound and tell me how it goes if you don't mind. I also have dull pains on my lymph nodes but I notice they only come when I bother them or touch them a lot. Do you do that as well? That might be the reason for the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.