Could it be Plantar Fasciitis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m asking since I have no morning pain and no sharp/stabbing pains, just dull pains in both heels that gradually get worse as my work day goes on (I work 40 hours a week serving tables at a restaurant with no time for a break). The problem started a few months ago (and got worse as soon as I found out I was pregnant in May). I wear non-slip New Balance tennishoes with aetrex inserts that have been working for me for the last 4 years (I buy new ones about every 6 months). A few weeks ago I purchased “Heel Seats” that claim to take care of plantar fasciitis, but have not helped :-/

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like mine, but just 1 heel now. However, mine hurts so bad I can't really walk. I use a cane, limp horribly, and have a scooter. I used to have it in the left heel too but I rolled it on a bottle of frozen water and it did go away...immediately. But did not help the right heel. That was a few years ago. This is a horrible thing that people never warn you about.

Ladyjack51

• Posted

Hi,  yes, Plantar Fasciitis is a horrible thing that people never warn you about.  All I have to say is, the joy of the human body.. yea right?!?

Take care of your feet

• Posted

I have the same. Facilities and I use voltarol 12 hour gel rub it all over the heel before bed. It gave me a lot help.

• Posted

Hi there!!!

It sounds like you could have plantar fasciitis.  Question, are you overweight?  I am only asking because being overweight is not a good thing, only because of the extra pressure that you carry on your feet.  I am a little overweight and am working on getting 15 pounds off.. not easy, but I will do it.

Also, you are lucky that you have no morning pain.  I do and sometimes it is not too bad, but other times it is not that comfortable.

Hang in there!!!!

• Posted

Hi!! I’m 95 pounds and 5’1”, so average I would say. But I’m 3 months pregnant right now and up to 102 pounds 
  • Posted

Hello,

You should try KURU Footwear.  These shoes are made especially for plantar fasciitis.

They have helped me and going on a diet, getting some extra pounds off will hopefully

help me too.  Too much pressure on my feet.

Good luck to you

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, you don't seem to have the most typical symptoms to suggest plantar fasciitis and your heel pain may be secondary to pregnancy. In your case it would be worth having a diagnostic ultrasound scan to assess the plantar fascia. This can confirm/rule out the presence of plantar fasciitis. It is well worth doing this prior to exploring the myriad treatment options available on the net, many of which are expensive and a waste of money. Happy to answer any questions.

Best Wishes

Benn

• Posted

Hey.

Yes, very similar.

When I discovered a plantar fasciitis, I didn't understand what it was. My legs hurt at the end of work day. But one day the heel on one leg was very sore. I couldn't walk normally. I went to the doctor.

Standard cure. But I wanted to get rid of this problem quickly and here I found an interesting article.There is description of fast plantar fasciitis cure book. I started looking for reviews. In the end, I bought a book. At least these instructions in the book helped me to get rid of constant pain. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.