Could it be prosiasis ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I've been living with this for 4 years I don't know what's that ( I am 24 now). I used many treatment without any results. It does'nt hurt doesn't itch. it is just aesthetically unsightly. I don't know what to do to deal with it since doctors I've been to so far have failed to correctly diagnose it. (dermatological fungus, keratosis pilaris, allergical reaction to food..) I've considered these possibilities with no results

I am afraid this is a reflection of a deeper problem... I always had a mild join pain. A radiology showed that nothing was abnormal. I wish there was something at least I have a track.

I hope that some one could have a grasp of this condition...

Please ask if you have any question that could help understand.

Thank you

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi, have you seen or noticed an increase/decrease, is it spreading or is it the same for the last 4 years. it looks like you allergic to something.
    • Posted

Could an allergy start from nothing ?

To answer your question I can't remember how it started.. I didn't notice it first..but now it's there and it diminishes at times but comes again.. I wouldn't say it's spreading.

• Posted

It doesn't really look like psoriasis to me but, then again I went through something very simlar. I developed a "rash" on just 1 knuckle almost 9 years ago and it never went away but eventually turned into greyish looking elephant skin. Sometimes itched, sometimes didnt. Had lots of joint pain and was misdiagnosed for 9 years. I was told depression (for the pain), allergic reaaction to a plant, fibromyalgia, lupus (that once actually turned out to be correct), stress etc etc. Finally found a dr who spent 10 minutes with me and told me that I had psoriatic arthritis and when I pointed out that I had no psoriasis she pointed to my brittle nails, dry patches on my ankles, knuckels and arms and said that's exactly what they were. I find that most people know their body better than anyone else and if you feel that something is wrong, then you are probably right. Keep searching until you find someone who listen. It may take awhile but, eventually you will find the right one. wink

• Posted

Hello

Yes I have the same thing and it runs in my family. I have Psorisis and bad arthritis. My toes are messed up and fingers hurt all the time. I dont have bad Psoriasis but I did when I was a child. Now my cousin has the same but doesnt have Psoriasis 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I myself have brittle nails but no dry patches on my articulations. I have an appointment in 3 days and I'll ask about this possibility.

Thank you

• Posted

Hello that doesnt look like Psoriasis at all to me. I have Psoriasis arthritis. If you have joint pain they can tell by an x ray. Could you maybe show a better picture? IM so sorry I understand it sucks being in pain. Look up picks though of Psoriasis and compare smile Jen
    • Posted

Hi Almas

If nothing came out on the X ray you should be ok meaning no arthritis. Sometimes also people just have the Psoriasis. Did you ever find out what it was? I had the Psoriasis when I was little then the arthritis when I turned 28. It started in one little toe and I had know idea what it was. They took X rays and they saw the damage in all my toes. I thought they were nuts! But yrs later my toes started to deform really bad. So im hoping you dont have this awful disease

• Posted

It is surprising to me that your derm has not taken a biopsy of the skin to verify the diagnosis. Psoriasis has no cure once identified as psoriasis then many treatments are available to control the disease. I have had psoriasis for many years and moisturizer as well as the many treatments available has help keep my breakouts in check. 

See google... for treatments for psoriasis or see the many treatments available on this sight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.