Could it be TMJ?

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 1.5 months ago I started experience facial pain inclusive of my jaw, particularly upper jaw predominantly on my right side but occasionally left too. the pain seems to radiate to my face and cheeks, causing pain as well as pressure/fullness, I have headaches and neck and shoulder pain. I also have pain behind the ear and a feeling of pressure and fullness in my ears, but no discharge or leaking to indicate an ear infection. This weekend for the first time I got ringing in my ears. Noticeably had issues with vision, especially contact lenses. I have seen a dentist, who doesn't suspect TMJ due to the lack of lockjaw or clicking when opening (i do experience tiny crackling sounds in my ears when opening and closing now). Dr's seem to think it is sinus related but I have zero congestion and the pain has not subsided with all the sprays and solutions they think I should have. Has anyone experience similar symptons with TMJ, without lockjaw?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.