could it be Vasculitis or nerves or some kind of parasites

Posted , 4 users are following.

So 5 weeks ago my left hand became swollen and extremely painful over days this spread to my shoulder , I was treated for cellulitis and given double dose antibiotics . The swelling went down but the skin has remained painful ( resting or moving) this over time has spread down my left side to my legs . I get swelling in my hands and feet, get rashes that come and go and now started to get little spots . My right side is completely normal. I feel sick sll the time and lost over a stone in weight . My temp is up and down , my heart rate is up and down as is my blood pressure but apparently it’s normal . I have had blood tests which show no inflammation but my platelets levels have dropped since the first blood test but it’s still in the normal range( just) I was admitted to hospital for a week and  had an mri of my head and spine and a lumbar puncture and that was fine st this point was told it was all in my head , I went into hospital being able to walk and came out limping and in more pain .... but it’s all in my head .

I begged them to do tests on my skin or cells or check the blood vessels, they aren’t prepared to do any of this as they have decided it’s all in my head . Only once they have ruled out everything will I accept this . There is something going on and I’d like answers before any permanent damage is done . I don’t have a few thousand laying about to go private . 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi mommav, was the double dose antibiotic by any chance clarathemicin .
    • Posted

Hi, no it was fluoxetillin.

I think when she went to hospital in the first place it wasn’t cellulitis anyway because that would cause her blood inflammation to be really but it wasn’t , I think they named and treated for that because they didn’t know .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.