Skip to content

Vasculitis

Also known as Buerger's Disease, Churg-Strauss Syndrome, Hypersensitivity Vasculitis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Extreme fatigue. No ambition

I was diagnosed with MPA ANCA positive vasculitis in May 2017. Damage to kidneys creatinine 3.0 GFR OF 18-20. Have gone through 6 mos of cytoxin and heavy steroids. I am now feeling chronic joint pain along with extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, and find that I cannot stand for long periods without...

Posted
  • This is all new to me. Recently diagnosed.

I'm a 44 yr old female. I have been struggling with what most Drs have called hives for almost 5 yrs. I have been sent from one Dr to the next. Recently rheumatologist ordered biopsy which came back leukocytocolasic vasculitis. I have had a positive ANA. I'm very new to this and not sure...

Last reply
  • Mold in House Probably Caused My Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis

Diagnosed w/LV in 2013 Suffered numerous symptoms: Bloody sores all over my body, inflammation throughout my body, digestive upset, dizziness, pitted edema in L ankle, extreme fatigue, sensitivity to all kinds of products (soap, moisturizer, deodorant, paper, laundry detergent, medications, pretty much...

Last reply
  • 3 months of illness and no where to turn :(

Hello, I'm a 33 year old mum of 2 and for the past 3 months I've been through a awful time. It all started off I was experiencing the most intense deep burning pickles all over my body. They would come and go in different parts, I was at first describing it as an itch, but it was far more intense....

Last reply
  • ive been diagnosed with vascultis 2yrs ago

Hi everyone I'm new this group,was flicking through peoples posting so I thought Il give it whirl, 2 yrs ago got diagnosed with vascultis,since then been on right roller coaster off ride in out off Hospital,ive been various dosages off steroids from 60 to 15 ml 60000mg off mycophenalate a day daspone...

Last reply
  • Rheumatoid Vasculitis?

3-4 years ago I was diagnosed by my Rheumatologist with Rheumatoid Vasculitis (I also have RA). But there is no mention of it in this group, but it is a recognized type of Vasculitis. Is there any other member have this type of Vasculitis?

Posted
  • Vascular disease

I have been diagnosed with severe arthritis and I was planning to get a hip replacement however I went two weeks ago Fort S concerning coldness in my lower leg and pain come to find out I have vascular disease. Should I get the vascular disease fixed first before hip surgery. And can someone tell me...

Posted
  • Vascular disease

Obviously John to discuss hip replacement however my bottom leg continue to be cold and have pain. I have some test done and found out I have vascular disease should I get this fixed first or the hip?

Posted
  • Vascular disease

I recently joined this group discussing hip replacement surgery. The other day I went to a procedure to check my cardiovascular. After Brazilian I found out I have a vascular disease I wondering which one should be taken care of first and does that have anything to do with the circulation in my hip?

Posted
  • 16 Years old and has vasculitis

I am 16 years old i was diagnosed with vasculitis in January 2018 it has been almost 6 months. Tried pregnisone, had an allergic reaction and suffered serum sickness. It has not gone away and we don’t know what causes it and the doctors arent much help. What are the next steps for me.

Last reply
  • New Symptoms following Cytoxan and Rituxan Induction?

Hi All -  First of all, I'm so happy I found this forum. The support and encouragement that is shared is extremely positive - it gives our family lots of energy to deal with this horrible disease. I'm mainly writing for my father - who was diagnosed November 2017 with MPA. Here is the...

Last reply
  • The bruises and hematomas on my arms and legs have gotten worse

I was a sun lover for many many years. I understand the damage it has caused . However, the amount and the extent of the bleeding under the skin is frightening . My shin can barely be touched by something and you can see the blood under the skin start moving down my legs. My hematoma I have right now...

Last reply
  • New diagnosis

I was diagnosed with vasculitis in February. I have red patches all over my arms and legs and some on my stomach and chest. It started with just a few red patches but now it’s everywhere. Dermatologist, cardiologist, and gastro don’t really seem to think it’s a big deal as they haven’t pursued it at...

Last reply
  • could it be Vasculitis or nerves or some kind of parasites

So 5 weeks ago my left hand became swollen and extremely painful over days this spread to my shoulder , I was treated for cellulitis and given double dose antibiotics . The swelling went down but the skin has remained painful ( resting or moving) this over time has spread down my left side to my legs...

Last reply
  • Recently diagnosed with vasculitis

Hello. I'm a 25 year old male and I've been recently diagnosed with vasculites. The blood tests showed absolutely nothing so the doctors don't know the cause. Does that mean it auto immune? Is it something very difficult to live with? Regards

Last reply
  • Very anxious due to rash

At the start of January i went to GP with a flat red rash on the inside of lower leg. Told me it was cellulitis and gave me antibiotics. Rash got worse and spread on to chest. Saw another doctor who said it was an allergy. Gave me antihistamines. Few day later went back as lower legs had swollen and...

Last reply
  • Frustrated with Urticarial Vasculitis

I was diagnosed one year ago.  Where has the time gone?  Oh wait!  I know. It was spent in Drs offices and labs and lounging on the couch. It's refreshing to read others have similar symptoms.  However, it also seems none of us are getting real answers as to the core of this sometimes...

Last reply
  • Any experiences with swelling around the eyes?

Hello For about 2 weeks I've had swelling and purplish coloring under my eyes. The usual dark circles one might get under the eyes look as if they are swollen and now extend to to the outer corner of the eye. Went to the eye doctor and he performed an exam and said he couldn't find any problems...

Last reply
  • picture of attack

Hi all this is a Picture of when i have Ań Attack im wondering can that cause me any damage im scared that one Day i will loose my toes Or worse limbs. I was diagnosed with raynauds Then another doktor Said its vasculitis. How can you Tell the difference? I have attacks in my feet hands fingers nipples...

Posted
  • Vasculitis

Hi everyone, I Am currently pregnant and had my booking appointment. The Midwife asked if i have any issues that could cause any complications. However recently i went to my gp and from him looking At my symptoms he diagnosed me with "severe Vasculitis" i was reffered for ANA ANCA and other...

Posted
  • looking for guidance

I am P anca positive/mpo. i have had alot of issues and cannot be diagnosed. i am lost at what to do or where to turn. i was at Cleveland clinic and they just dont know. any thoughts appreciated.

Last reply
  • Omalazimab

This drug has been mooted for my chronic urticarial/hypersensitivity vasculitis.  Does anyone have any experience of this?

Posted
  • How long for result of blood test?

3 weeks ago i had a blood test for vasculitis. 10 days later went back for result and it hadn't come back. Had another test and told to call on Monday. It still hadn't come back. In the meantime the rash is getting worse. Does anyone know how long these tests take to get result. Jill

Last reply
  • Suggestions for treatment options please.

Feeling a little down about treatment options for my vasculitis.  Had ciclosporin for a few years which was totally fine, except my consultant said there was a long term cancer risk with it and wouldn't let me continue.  High dose steroids work short term, but obvs is not a long term option,...

Last reply
  • Vasculitis??

I need some help. I have been very sick since November, Tired, confused, low ferritin ( colonoscopy and positive polyps removed ) headache, poor vision .Nauseous  I have terrible lesions on my arms that keep arreing .They are mildly itchy and are getting worse , I have had a few on my legs. I am...

Last reply
  • Arteriogram & endovascular intervention

I have an appointment for the above procedure at my local hospital and have today received the infotmation leaflet. The leaflet says to shave both groin areas before going to the hospital. What exactly does this mean? Am I to shave the entire pubic area? I am female by the way tia

Posted
  • Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis

Hello everyone. In September I broke out in hives, really bad ones for the first time ever. Long story short, after going to the doctor, then the allergist, then the dermatologist. I got a skin biopsy and it confirmed Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis. I am being referred to Hematology. The doctor talked about...

Last reply
  • Churg-Strauss and Hysterctomy

I have Churg-Strauss diagnosed at 20 now 38 and I’m being considered for a hysterectomy but there are concerns due to the CSS ... Does anyone have any first hand experience? Thank you for reading 

Posted
  • Please help, at wits end

I started losing lots of blood two years ago through urine. The doctors have given me iron twice in 18 months to restore my blood levels. Just recently 5 months, malaise, hands, feet wrist, shoulders hurt. Toes and fingers go numb and hurt. Lungs become labored. Pin head rash on my chest and stomach....

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with vasculitis in 2014

It’s hard to believe how many people are effected by vasculitis.  In January of 2014 I was given a flu and pneumonia shot.  About a week later I broke out in a rash from my feet to my belly.  So I went back to the doctor and he referred me to the Dermotalogy clinic.  The doctor there...

Last reply
  • Vascular operation on leg (peripheral vascular disease)

Recently a family member undergone operation to unblock arteries on right leg due to peripheral vascular disease. Incision at groin area and arteries unblocked via angioplasty on right leg. Told by surgeon op was successful and discharged from hospital after 4 days. 5 weeks later, foot is in agony, swollen,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.