For 2 years of having lower leg purpura i didnt get exact answer what is happening to my body

Posted , 4 users are following.

I already consulted 2 big hospital in my country when i went on vacation and 3 international hosp. Were i am working but still i didnt get any good answer. It all started last 2016 january when i noticed that i am having patch of red on my legs i thought that it was just a insect bite i applied cream all over my legs and it was many to be applied that is why the cream finished too fast without subsiding the redness it was not itchy at all. I consulted doctor from the hospital i am working i undergo with some laboratory testing cbc is normal the ESR is high, ANA, ANTI DNA and ANCA are all normal. then he gave me prednisone tablet It was tapered gradually and an antibiotic but unfortunately nothings change. The purpura continues and when the day came i decided to go in my country to have check in big hosp. I noticed that the purpura on my legs increases the number and became very big. But not itchy and painful. When the dr. Check me the requested for an BUN, CREA, CBC, cxray, all are normal except for ESR. They gave me dapsone and it was good suddenly all the purpura subsided i can say it was good. But still there is mark after a week i finished taking dapsone  i was admitted for 3 days due to abdominal pain. They checked everything and my HGB goes down because of dapsone then they cahnge it to colchisine. Not as good as dapsone but it helps not more. They do skin punch biopsy with one of my purpura becasuse they are suspecting HSP. When i was about to discharge all the purpura coming nack little by little. Then they gave me colschisine. Until whrn i came back in my work abroad i am taking colchisine for almost 3 months but still purpura is coming. I noticed that it wascoming when i am walking and standing a lot. I dont know what really is this and 2 years sting coming. I am also afraid maybe it is serious that needs urgent action. Just badly need your help. I was always sad when its coming over and over. God bless us

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.