Very scared

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I’ve been feeling pretty ruff for the past few weeks getting bruises and purple spots not to many but there presant the doctor told me today that it’s most likely vasculitus he didn’t tell me much more as I was rushing to leave I have just read up on it and I am Petrafied I already have major health anxiety hence why I went to hospital please help xx I’m only 29 with two children and I don’t want to die xxx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will go on steroids which will control vasculitis twice, PAN & GPA which I still have, since 5 years......so dont worry, you r doctor should have referred you to a rheumatologist and taken a whole host of blood tests.

• Posted

I’ve to see my go tomorrow they said they can try me with some meds if I keep getin bruises etc they will do a biopsy am really scared xx
  • Posted

I understand how you feel. Just think about it like this your doctor has found that you have this problem and will now help you deal with your vasculitis so that's a positive. I have a form of vasculitis called polyarteritis nodosa which I've lived with for 9 years I was diagnosed at 40 years old. I had chemo, steroids etc etc and yeah you feel crap but you just learn to deal with it day by day. Hope everything goes OK.

• Posted

Its seem you need more vitamin C and to encourage healthy red and white blood cells.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.