Newly diagnosed Vasculitis gpa

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, well i cried all day yesterday........6 different types of tablet to take. so many things to get right, before food , with food, stand up for 30 mins etc. Do you find a way through. are there any tips on how to manage the medications?

PS stopped crying now, just exhausted. c:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracey.

It is a shock at the beginning but the tablets unfortunately are a part of it.

I did a planner and put it on my pin board but there are daily as well as weekly boxes you can buy from supermarkets/chemist shops/on line. I recently saw a lady with a drinks bottle with a daily tablet dispenser in it for when she was a day out.

Glad you've stopped crying but be kind to yourself and have a cry when you want to; this condition can make you feel that way sometimes.

• Posted

Hi Tracey,

I have been living with this disease since 1997 and I can say that the treatments have changed for me over the years and no routine has stayed the same. I n the beginning I was on a lot of meds and it was overwhelming and depressing. As the Doctors looked at test results they adjusted periodically. Now I only take one plaquenil daily. My point is, take one day at a time and on the worst days just know things will change. Trying not to be sad, and spending time with the people who love and support you as often as possible helps a lot.

• Posted

thanks, that is really heartening. I have had off days and weeks during the last 6 months, i managed and had good times and ok times as well. Suppose it is going to be more that. Maybe leading as you say to improvement.

Have got a plan now as suggested by Maria..

THANK YOU both, age old cliche i know but it helps to know i am not alone in having this kind of disorder.

• Posted

You're certainly not alone.

If it is of help to you, there is a closed vasculitis group on Facebook; vasculitis support UK. A few thousand of us on there.

• Posted

Fight back and really take care of your health the normal ways, vitamin intake, oils, exercise and eating right. Go to a health store such as Holland and Barrett, or perhaps a Chinese health store. They will point you in the right direction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.