Mold in House Probably Caused My Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Diagnosed w/LV in 2013

Suffered numerous symptoms: Bloody sores all over my body, inflammation throughout my body, digestive upset, dizziness, pitted edema in L ankle, extreme fatigue, sensitivity to all kinds of products (soap, moisturizer, deodorant, paper, laundry detergent, medications, pretty much anything that was processed), sensitivity to all but 7 foods, shortness of breath, and on and on.

Gradually eliminated all things to which I was sensitive from my house/diet, had carpeting removed from house, replaced curtains w/blinds, waterproofed basement, avoided doctors, closed my business & rested as necessary, addressed past traumas in my life, replaced wardrobe w/100% cotton or linen or silk, changed the color of my walls & kitchen cabinets to brighten my environment - did whatever I felt might help me heal, crazy or not, expensive or not.

March 2018: Eventually, after hounding my HVAC company about smelling mold & feeling sick when I turned on my A/C, I contacted a different HVAC company that directed me to a person who could test my house for mold.  Numerous people had searched for mold in my pristine house, that neither looks or smells like it could contain mold, but this guy found it right away - all through my duct work & HVAC system.  I replaced the HVAC system, to which I had an electronic air cleaner added, had the duct work vacuumed and cleaned w/an antimicrobial product, and had a dehumidifier installed in my basement.

My symptoms disappeared immediately.

I wish this result for all of you.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

  • Posted

    I also became very ill from a home I purchased in 2003 two months after the State of Washington published the infamous mold guidance policy stating that mold has no structural concerns and need not be reported on home inspections. My inspector missed 26 different items including 14 code violations and highly visible rot and the State investigator came out and reported that my inspector in his opinion had done a thorough and accurate inspection. The mold causing rot in my attic was Chaetomium a carcinogen. In my air ducts was Penicillium brevicompactum which is used to manufacture mycophenolate or Cell Cept an immunosuppressant which has as side effects breast cancer and skin cancer. Circling the carpet edges was Streptomyces which is used to make sirolimus, tacrolimus or Prograf another immunosuppressant which has as side effects breast cancer and skin cancer. Besides Breast Cancer and melanoma, I developed lipodermosclerosis with swelling of my left ankle, mast cell activation syndrome in my left arm causing left ulnar nerve damage. I also lost all the cartilage in my knees and suffer from severe osteoarthritis of the spine. I also replaced my entire HVAC system, ducts included and added an electronic air filter, removed roof and sheeting, siding, two chimneys built of green Sheetrock and was forced to change the drainage around the house and line the crawl space.

    The former owner of the house sued the Vaccine Fund for damages and won because he felt the flu vaccine activated his post herpetic pain syndrome another illness attributed to Cell Cept  and tacrolimus. Yes the State of Washington still has their mold guidance policy on line 15 years later.

    • Posted

      Yikes Teresa!  I'm sorry to hear that you sustained permanent damage to your body as a result of the mold.  There seems to be widespread ignorance about mold & its toxicity, w/o which we both might've had a chance of discovering the source of our problems sooner than we did.

      The former owner of my house up and left mysteriously, and I keep asking the neighbors if she was sick, but no one seems to know.

      I'm in PA, and am unfamiliar w/our mold policies, but suspected I had no chance of pinning the blame on anyone for the mold in my house, so did not even research the possibility.

      Thank you for furthering my mold education.

  • Posted

    It seems your health, by the symptoms you describe are not caused by surroundings, or by certain foods you eat. Take your vitamins daily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.