New diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with vasculitis in February. I have red patches all over my arms and legs and some on my stomach and chest. It started with just a few red patches but now it’s everywhere. Dermatologist, cardiologist, and gastro don’t really seem to think it’s a big deal as they haven’t pursued it at all. I’m completely frustrated and just want to know what’s going on with my body. Anybody have this and can’t point me in the right direction? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Are the red patches itchy?  If so could it be Urticaria ( hives ).  Did they do a biopsy to determine that it's vasculitis?  How long have you had these red patches?  Are the doctors prescribing any meds?  If they are itchy try an antihistamine like Allegra.  Please keep us posted.

Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy- yes the patches were itchy at first. They did so a biopsy in February and that’s how they determined it was vasculitis. I’ve had the red patches since February. Was on prednisone and it might have helped a little but the red patches came back, and a lot more of them! 
    • Posted

Hi

I Have Chronic Urticaria (hives) and have had to be on low dose Prednisone for for over two years now. The key is my doctor had me go down on the Prednisone 1 mg at a time for  two weeks then go down another 1mg for two weeks and so on.  If you go off Prednisone too fast hives will come back worse.  Have you tried an antihistamine like Allegra or Zyrtec?  What else are your doctors recommending? Did the doctors mention Urticaria to you or hives?

I am down to 1mg and take Allegra keeping the hives away.  When your red 

• Posted

Hi Wendy- part of the reason I’m so frustrated is because all of the doctors I’ve seen haven’t even really addressed vasculitis at all. They just seem to not be concerned with it. I don’t even know what type of vasculitis I have. So I honestly don’t know a lot about it. Are the red patches Considered an allergic reaction?? 
    • Posted

One last thing- we would like to start trying to get pregnant but the doctors seem to know little about it and I’m concerned it wouldn’t be good for the baby. Do you have any thoughts on that? 
  • Posted

I believe it seems from blood flow and vein control, but you should speak to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.