Elective Surgery? Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there! I am a 29 y.o. female, and have been diagnosed with small vessel leukocytoclastic vasculitis 2 years ago. I take 1mg of prednisone a day along with 300mg of plaquenil and 0.6mg of mitigare. My disease is limited to my legs, no advancement elsewhere as of right now. My question is, has anyone with this disease ever underwent an elective cosmetic surgery? Im curious to know if a breast augmentation would be something I would be allowed to do with this condition? Before I go talk to my Doctor I thought I would see if anyone else has crossed this bridge before?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

LV is essentially an allergic reaction, sometimes to drugs, so I'd be cautious about elective surgery, since it might expose you to a drug or substance to which you are sensitive.  Additionally, surgery is trauma to the body, and your body is already traumatized, as evidenced by the LV.  The medications that you are taking also qualify as trauma to your body, chemically.

As an aside, having closed my therapy practice, in which I specialized in scar tissue release, because of the LV w/which I was suffering, I would advise against any unnecessary surgery.  The resulting scar tissue can have debilitating effects on any part of your body.  I found that women who had had breast surgery suffered w/pain in their feet.

Invest your time and energy in determining the cause of your LV.

• Posted

Do not use the doctor as a second opinion and options, they are more important than other means.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.