Could my Citalopram be counterfeit?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had headaches every day and general feeling not well for about 10 days.  I'm better now and it suddenly occurred to me that it started very soon after I started a new bottle of Citalopram.  I'm wondering if the drug could be fake and I've been going through unexpected withdrawal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've never had Citralopram in a bottle.  They've always come in a foil blister pack, in a cardboard box, and I had these for 15 years.  Does it come with a Patient Information leaflet and does it have a pharmaceutical company on it?

Withdrawal symptoms I've had in the past were headaches, restlessness, nausea, trembling and a buzzing in my head like little electric shocks.

It's probably best to buy from a chemist.  I don't think I'd buy on line.

Can you get them checked out at a chemist?  

• Posted

Could be generic and not the name brand.  Often generic not so effective.  I noticed difference with anti depressant I was taking and asked for named brand only.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.