Could my symptoms be MS?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Symptoms started about 3 yrs now. I had been running and cycling for the past 2-3 yrs when I started feeling lower back aches, knee,and ankle pain after excersing, that slowly got me to stop running, eventually cycling too. For the past 3 years i have had a lot of coming and going back and joints aches and acid reflux, but in August started having episodes of confusion( loosing sense of where things are, and getting lost driving to communly visit stores), blurred vision, stabbing headaches, chest tightness, severe joint aches on hands worst on my right hand and middle finger, Bad spasms on my back and cramps on my feel and legs, frequent urinations(sometimes over 10 times a day), i have bad concentration and i have notice that when i try having a conversation sometimes I just dont make sense at all, and awful pain on left side of the abdomen.  In november my Physician diagnose me with severe vitamin D deficiency( put me on 5,000ui daily), and said it looked like i could have fibromyalgia and  my thyroid was slightly elevated( put me on meds)told me to come back in 3 months. In the mean time I saw a neurologist who did some MRIs and Physical therapy, therapist  told me I have torticollis and scoliosis, and possible arthritis. The neurologist said he had a list of 10 possible diagnosis but want it to wait for test results. In the meantime I started walking, trying to get relieve from the stress of feeling like I cant take care of my self( cant even open a jar or hold open a door with the same hand) after a month walking, one day  my ankle started swelling, my physician did Xrays, US, and MRI shows a lot of inflammation, sprained ankle(its been a month still hurts), and MRI of my knee shows Mild Chondromalacia Patella, My dr told me to rest for 2 weeks and that i should be fine. Now my other knee is hurting too. AND THIS week I was driving and lost eye sight on my right eye. Called my Neurologist the same day and all she offered was a 2pm appt 3 days after with the assitant( explained that 2pm iits impossible for me) and said that dr is booked until july now, so i hung up the phone. I was talking to a friend about how I feel, and she said a closed friend of her was diagnose with MS and she had very similar symptoms. Im very frustrated, and starting to feel depressed. Any help is greatly appreciated... im starting to think Im loosing my mind.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm going through similar issues and am wondering if MS is the cause. Ok, so there is a lot of explaining to do here and I'll try my best to describe what I'm experiencing. I'm a 26 year old female (weighing 118 lbs.) and I was having lower back pain, as well as pain in my right wrist that radiated up to my elbow, so I went to a chiropractor. I'd never been before but went with one that a good friend recommended. He did an X-ray and an adjustment (I heard pops in about 4 different places on my spine) and told me that I had mild-moderate scoliosis and a misalignment factor of 70 mm (with the average person's MF being 20-25 mm.) I saw the X-ray and there was indeed a curve in my chest area and a smaller one below, which he called a compensatory curve. He recommended a long term treatment plan with me coming 3 times per week for 4 weeks, tapering off to 2 times for 3 weeks, and so on. I don't have insurance so I knew I couldn't pay for that many visits. I told him that I would think about it. The night after my adjustment, I had a horrible sore throat and chills. I have no idea whether this was related or not. The next day, the sore throat had backed off quite a bit and I actually felt relatively normal. A day after that I had strange sensations in my arms. It felt like rushes of cold air going through them. Then after those sensations went away, I was left with my arms/hands having a (slight) numb feeling. I could still feel touch and heat/cold, it was just strange. I also had normal arm/hand strength. When I went back to the chiro a few days later, I told him about the sensations and he said it made sense because of the subluxations in my cervical spine/upper back. He adjusted me one more time and I left feeling like he had just brushed me off. I should also mention that my hands were falling asleep at night, however, I sleep with my head on my arm so I'm not sure if I just noticed it because I was hyper aware of my body at the time, plus it would go away after relieving the pressure. Shortly after this, I noticed my feet felt sort of numb first thing in the morning. It would mostly go away after walking around though there was still some slight numbness (especially in my big toes.) I would also get pain in the sole and heel of both of my feet. Nothing unbearable, but it is uncomfortable. Almost cramp-like and especially in my left foot. Within the last week, I've been having heat sensations in my right leg. This occurred after I had tenderness in my back right thigh area (sciatica?) They're fleeting, but it happens at least 10 times per day. Also, I've had an itchy, tingling feeling in my left shoulder blade, maybe 5 times per day. Is it possible that all of these sensations are related to me getting adjusted? I know that bodies can go through a "healing crisis", especially if they've been out of whack for a long time. I did seek the opinion of another chiropractor and she has adjusted me twice. The numb feeling in my left arm went away less than 24 hours after she adjusted me, focusing on that area. She said that my hips were slightly rotated (the first chiro had told me that as well) and my left leg was drawn up by a 1/4 of an inch. She did not seem concerned about my presenting symptoms either. She said that the vertebra in my neck were "off some" and she did some adjusting to the neck region. Basically, I'm just completely freaked out thinking that I have some neurological disease. I haven't had any changes in my vision, balance or anything like that. I was concerned about MS but read that symptoms primarily present on one side of the body at a time (especially at first), depending on where the lesion is. My symptoms have been on both sides for roughly 3 weeks. If nothing changes in a week or so, I will consider forking out the money for an MRI, because my anxiety just can't take it anymore. Any input or advice would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
    • Posted

I have not been diagnosed yet... So I feel your pain. Im now keeping an everyday journal because i have some many symptoms I don't even remember them all... My neurologist is always booked when im at my worst, and my physician want me to keep seeing her PA because she is booked too. At this point im so upset I dont want to see neither of them. Today i felt a stabbing sharp pain on my left knee that was extremely painful. I have been off all meds( anti inflammatories, muscle relaxers, and Bupap for headache/antidepressants) for about2-3 weeks... And i dont want anything else until i see a dr again! I they have been giving me all this dif meds to remedy, but there is not one official diagnosis yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.